NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Any uncertainty surrounding motivation eliminates him from any consideration imo. Last thing we need is another head case between the pipes. 

"[H]ead case between the pipes" is a given, surely.  I presume you mean relative to that.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

"[H]ead case between the pipes" is a given, surely.  I presume you mean relative to that.

True, that. It was a redundant definition about a goalie to be sure. 

Anyway, I don’t want any part of any player with motivational issues. We’ve seen with our very eyes what that did to our favorite hockey team in years past.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Nothing earth shattering here 

LOL. "I think the Sabres with no goalies and multiple UFAs up front and on D are shopping to improve their 23rd-place team in all positions."

I'm not usually an Insder-basher, but sometimes just say "I haven't really heard any news"

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

LOL. "I think the Sabres with no goalies and multiple UFAs up front and on D are shopping to improve their 23rd-place team in all positions."

I'm not usually an Insder-basher, but sometimes just say "I haven't really heard any news"

Dreger is my least favorite. He’ll talk for twenty minutes and not say anything.

On 6/24/2022 at 5:05 PM, Buffalonill said:

Kevin weekes is the boss now only "insider " I trust 

Why?  He was totally wrong about the Eichel-Tkachuk trade with Calgary.

image.thumb.png.c016b17bdc6d78c943b3f491a926b04b.png

This was immediately denied by the Flames.  A day later the deal with VGK was done.  I'm pretty sure it was smoke to push VGK over the edge and pull the trigger.  Whether Adams "leaked" the information to his old teammate Weekes or whether Weekes himself knew it was smoke and was helping his homie out is not known.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

A day later the deal with VGK was done.  This was immediately denied by the Flames.  I'm pretty sure it was smoke to push VGK over the edge and pull the trigger.  Whether Adams "leaked" the information to his old teammate Weekes or whether Weekes himself knew it was smoke and was helping his homie out is not known.

Hard to say what was going on there. Weekes has been the first on a lot of stuff lately. His accurate calls start with the line “breaking news”.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This was immediately denied by the Flames.  A day later the deal with VGK was done.  I'm pretty sure it was smoke to push VGK over the edge and pull the trigger.  Whether Adams "leaked" the information to his old teammate Weekes or whether Weekes himself knew it was smoke and was helping his homie out is not known.

59 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I will always firmly believe that was Adams calling in a favor and using some gamesmanship to get Vegas to give us Krebs. Each year he seems to learn about the GM position more and that is certainly a positive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Man, Fiala would be a super exciting add.

681E700B-198F-420D-BAC2-B26447BAC34E.thumb.png.1f3d839a0df4457841c2be470e3acdc8.png

closest comp. would be Kaprizov here.

This little nugget: “As expected, Fiala and Kaprizov are the only two Wild forwards above the league average in both shots and primary shot assists per 60. For some comparison, players with similar numbers to Fiala include Mikko Rantanen, Filip Forsberg, Kyle Connor, and William Nylander. The Wild create very little offense in terms of pure volume without either Fiala or Kaprizov on the ice.”

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/wild/fiala-is-showing-hes-an-elite-offensive-creator/

Will keep my fingers crossed.

• Thanks (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I will always firmly believe that was Adams calling in a favor and using some gamesmanship to get Vegas to give us Krebs. Each year he seems to learn about the GM position more and that is certainly a positive.

I’ve always thought the opposite: It was McCrimmon trying to piss off Calgary to get them off the chase and get Adams to cave on his 4th piece and take a 2nd for a 3rd instead.

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Man, Fiala would be a super exciting add.

681E700B-198F-420D-BAC2-B26447BAC34E.thumb.png.1f3d839a0df4457841c2be470e3acdc8.png

closest comp. would be Kaprizov here.

This little nugget: “As expected, Fiala and Kaprizov are the only two Wild forwards above the league average in both shots and primary shot assists per 60. For some comparison, players with similar numbers to Fiala include Mikko Rantanen, Filip Forsberg, Kyle Connor, and William Nylander. The Wild create very little offense in terms of pure volume without either Fiala or Kaprizov on the ice.”

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/wild/fiala-is-showing-hes-an-elite-offensive-creator/

Will keep my fingers crossed.

I wonder how many of the people who don’t want to invest in Mittelstadt, Olofsson or Thompson have paid attention to Fiala’s first 5 post-draft years.

Sweden, minors, 16 points, 48 points, 39 points.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’ve always thought the opposite: It was McCrimmon trying to piss off Calgary to get them off the chase and get Adams to cave on his 4th piece and take a 2nd for a 3rd instead.

I wonder how many of the people who don’t want to invest in Mittelstadt, Olofsson or Thompson have paid attention to Fiala’s first 5 post-draft years.

It’s a good point. 

Fiala:

5th season post-draft: 0.37 points per game (7 points)

6th season post-draft: 0.84 points per game (54 points)

Thompson:

5th season post-draft: 0.37 points per game (14 points)

6th season post-draft: 0.87 points per game (68 points)

Olofsson:

5th season post-draft: 0.67 points per game* (4 points)

6th season post-draft: 0.78 points per game (42 points)

*VO only played six games that season 

Mittelstadt:

5th season post-draft: 0.48 points per game (19 points)

6th season post-draft: Choose your own adventure

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’d rather get a sure thing than potential that may never be realized. Offer them Mittlestat and Ryan Johnson as an opening bid. Then throw in a draft pick if necessary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.