NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Things could unravel fast for them.  In the course of just a couple years, they could go from a core group of Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Krejc, Chara, Krug, McCavoy, and Rask to just Marchand, McCavoy and I guess Hall.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Ethan Bear would be a good RHD Target.

Jesse Puljujarvi would be a diamond in the rough target. Add Klefbom as a cap dump to get trade cost down. Klefbom has one year left on His Deal at 4.17 Million 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:32 AM, Brawndo said:

There's 3 main things that'll affect the Bruins path to next season. First, Bergeron. If he retires that's likely the start of a rebuild. Second, Krejci coming back. Rumour is he didn't get along with Cassidy and wants to return. If he returns rebuild will be less of a rebuild and maybe just a shuffle. If Bergeron AND Krejci return they'll be giving it another go now. 

Lastly Pasternak. If Bergeron is gone, and Krejci doesn't return and Pasternak won't sign or wants too much it'll be a full on rebuild and he will be dealt. Pasternak is one of the few players around I'd consider trading high picks and/or prospects for. Guy is a scoring machine and could fit in anywhere on any team. 

If Terry is willing to pay, wouldn't taking on and buying out a albatross contract be a strong option for Adams?

For example, Florida could spend $3.5 million to buy out Patric Hornqvist, save that much on this year's cap and add $1.7 to next year's cap.

Or they could flip him and Radko Gudas to the Sabres for free, save $6 million in real money, and on this year's cap, and not worry about a buyout eating up cap in 23/24.

The Sabres add a nasty 3rd pairing Dman for a year at the cost $3.5 million in real dollars and cap space they aren't otherwise planing to use.

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

There's 3 main things that'll affect the Bruins path to next season. First, Bergeron. If he retires that's likely the start of a rebuild. Second, Krejci coming back. Rumour is he didn't get along with Cassidy and wants to return. If he returns rebuild will be less of a rebuild and maybe just a shuffle. If Bergeron AND Krejci return they'll be giving it another go now. 

Lastly Pasternak. If Bergeron is gone, and Krejci doesn't return and Pasternak won't sign or wants too much it'll be a full on rebuild and he will be dealt. Pasternak is one of the few players around I'd consider trading high picks and/or prospects for. Guy is a scoring machine and could fit in anywhere on any team. 

Whatever they do, it’ll work out for them. They’ve made tons of mistakes the last decade but none of it matters. They always end up with a great team. If guys don’t come back, they’ll just sign the best UFAs.  If Pasternak doesn’t sign (he will, this is the biggest BS rumor I’ve seen) they will trade him and land Nathan McKinnon or Leon Draisaitl.  

35 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not too worried about Krejci coming back.  I think its less than 50-50 he does.  And if he does, I don't think hes really a threating player anymore. 

His last 5 years in a row with the Bruins his goal scoring went down (goals per game), he has a LOT of miles on him, and if he does play with the Bruins he will be 2 years older than his last season starting with the team at what, 36 or 37 years old?  He was  good (not great, but good) 2-way forward in his peak years when he was 29-32 years old, I'm not worried about him at 36 or 37.   BUT, he may be better playing 3rd line minutes than anything else they will have in the system, I just don't think he moves the needle to them doing anything else other than competing for one of the last playoff spots in the east.

57 minutes ago, inkman said:

Whatever they do, it’ll work out for them. They’ve made tons of mistakes the last decade but none of it matters. They always end up with a great team. If guys don’t come back, they’ll just sign the best UFAs.  If Pasternak doesn’t sign (he will, this is the biggest BS rumor I’ve seen) they will trade him and land Nathan McKinnon or Leon Draisaitl.  

or maybe Jack Eichel? 🙂

I hear what you're saying but a lot of that had to do with a core that involved Bergeron and Chara. Also good goaltending. When you have guys like that at the core leading the team you get to make mistakes and still be good. The mistakes however, have cost them several cups I think. They were in 3 but only won once. If they hadn't made a lot of those mistakes they'd likely have been a dynasty and won several more. I think it's over. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not too worried about Krejci coming back.  I think its less than 50-50 he does.  And if he does, I don't think hes really a threating player anymore. 

His last 5 years in a row with the Bruins his goal scoring went down (goals per game), he has a LOT of miles on him, and if he does play with the Bruins he will be 2 years older than his last season starting with the team at what, 36 or 37 years old?  He was  good (not great, but good) 2-way forward in his peak years when he was 29-32 years old, I'm not worried about him at 36 or 37.   BUT, he may be better playing 3rd line minutes than anything else they will have in the system, I just don't think he moves the needle to them doing anything else other than competing for one of the last playoff spots in the east.

I hear what you're saying and it's not wrong, but the Bruins biggest problem this year was the lack of a good 2C to play with Hall. When Krejci paired with Hall that tandem was dynamic and Hall's numbers went way up. Without that center he's been okay but there were a lot of unfinished plays that the year before were maybe goals. Krejci's value was underestimated. If he doesn't come back they need Bergeron AND another 2C to be truly competitive against Tampa, Florida, Toronto and (hopefully) Buffalo. 

Haula was signed for that role but didn't really deliver. He's more of a good third liner. If I was KA I'd make a call about Haula. He has one year left on his deal, can play center or wing and is pretty fast so he'd fit in. Bruins might want to unload him so they can upgrade with a UFA and/or sign Krejci. 

Maybe they'd give us Haula for next to nothing if we agreed to take Foligno off their hands. Could fill our holes while the kids develop.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

What kind of talk is that? To hell with Boston. And all its professional sports teams. And any willing UFA who signs with any of them. They had their chance. Now it's time for them to be has-beens and hacks for another 30 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

They will finish 24th in the standings.

Taylor Hall will continue His Lottery Luck.

Welcome to Boston, Conor Bednard!

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

If Terry is willing to pay, wouldn't taking on and buying out a albatross contract be a strong option for Adams?

For example, Florida could spend $3.5 million to buy out Patric Hornqvist, save that much on this year's cap and add $1.7 to next year's cap.

Or they could flip him and Radko Gudas to the Sabres for free, save $6 million in real money, and on this year's cap, and not worry about a buyout eating up cap in 23/24.

The Sabres add a nasty 3rd pairing Dman for a year at the cost $3.5 million in real dollars and cap space they aren't otherwise planing to use.

Is Radko a decent player with a nasty edge or is he a dirty player?  RHD too.

Asking for a friend.

18 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Is Radko a decent player with a nasty edge or is he a dirty player?  RHD too.

Asking for a friend.

Good player with good analytics, makes some boneheaded plays every once in a while. 
The Good out weighs the bad though 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, Curt said:

Things could unravel fast for them.  In the course of just a couple years, they could go from a core group of Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Krejc, Chara, Krug, McCavoy, and Rask to just Marchand, McCavoy and I guess Hall.

They are already screwed. McAvoy and the Toucan are both gonna miss the beginning of next season. Marchand might be out til December. He had surgery on both hips. There are rumblings that Bergeron might re-sign and be dealt to a contender at the deadline. Getting a prospect and 1st rounder would start their rebuild. Same thing they did with Bourque. Personally, I hope they suck for the foreseeable future. But it's Boston, and they don't jerk around with rebuilds when it comes to hockey. They may be down for 2-3 years, but that's about it. 

And as for Pasta, I would love to see KA take a run at him. He would be huge on this team. Although, he would have to break his contract with Dunkin Donuts and sign a new one with Timmy Ho's.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, PerreaultForever said:

or maybe Jack Eichel? 🙂

I hear what you're saying but a lot of that had to do with a core that involved Bergeron and Chara. Also good goaltending. When you have guys like that at the core leading the team you get to make mistakes and still be good. The mistakes however, have cost them several cups I think. They were in 3 but only won once. If they hadn't made a lot of those mistakes they'd likely have been a dynasty and won several more. I think it's over. Time will tell. 

I think you were likely joking about Eichel, but I'll just say anyway that I'd be shocked if Cam Neely signed off on letting Pastrnak go in favor of bringing in Eichel.

I also expect the Bruins to keep Pastrnak and that if Bergeron comes back, they will be in the playoffs again.  And I don't think Bergeron will play anywhere other than Boston.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.