Report Vegas Golden Knights Have Hired Bruce Cassidy as Head Coach

Brawndo

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

He also has a punchable face. My wires would cross playing vs him and I would’ve gotten suspended for life, or had my face caved in by Chara.

lol, I can't really argue with that and if I was playing against him I'd have given him some shots too no doubt. Couldn't stand yappers in general and I wasn't a clean player by any means so he'd have gotten his. But yes, Chara would have destroyed you back in that day. That team was tight. 

I found the face lick funny, but I get how that crossed a line and revolted some people. Definitely not his best moment. He's on the list for sure, but worst in history is the point I disagree with. He's caused a lot less injuries than some of those other guys and most of his antics are just annoying, not dangerous, but most of all he also has skills and that makes him better than most of that list.  Going to stick with Avery as the worst. In hockey anyway. 

On 6/6/2022 at 7:23 PM, Norcal said:

If they're "smart" but yeah, all their best players are out or retiring and they let Cassidy go too.

Feels like a tank to me, jus sayin. 

I’m in Boston and NE area.  The fans think Sweeney is the problem, not Cassidy.  They think every draft pick should be McAvoy and Pasternak.   Sports Entitlement runs rampant here as the Celtics take a 2-1 lead in NBA finals.  

Edited by Pimlach

17 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Absolutely. I think this could be the moment we see the table turn and they fall as we rise and eventually swap spots for a while. 

Possible.  We also have to start beating Detroit in our head to head games.  

On 6/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, LGR4GM said:

Are they hiring Kruger?

We can only hope. Sad thing is that he’s already damaged goods, so there’s no way he’ll get another HC gig in the NHL. Kinda like Kay Stephenson and Rex Ryan.

As for available HCs, if no one else has brought him up, what about Mike Babcock?

3 minutes ago, FogBat said:

We can only hope. Sad thing is that he’s already damaged goods, so there’s no way he’ll get another HC gig in the NHL. Kinda like Kay Stephenson and Rex Ryan.

As for available HCs, if no one else has brought him up, what about Mike Babcock?

Doesn't Mike have the same stigma attached to him as Bruce does about young players? 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:37 PM, Doohickie said:

I'm sure Jack will love playing for a shut-down, defensive-minded coach  😛

“Jack, if you don’t quit rolling your eyes, I’m gonna wring your neck!”

3 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Doesn't Mike have the same stigma attached to him as Bruce does about young players? 

I forgot about that. That doomed him in TOR, didn’t it?!

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/8/2022 at 8:55 AM, inkman said:

Brad Marchand licked another players face. 

that was funny sh1t. (also, i thought maybe he licked his visor?)

i would take marchand on my favourite team every day of the week, and twice on sunday for a 7:00 pm start after a 1:00 pm bills game.

shoot - i'd be delighted if the sabres had a player who could be accurately described as "a poor man's marchand."

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

that was funny sh1t. (also, i thought maybe he licked his visor?)

i would take marchand on my favourite team every day of the week, and twice on sunday for a 7:00 pm start after a 1:00 pm bills game.

shoot - i'd be delighted if the sabres had a player who could be accurately described as "a poor man's marchand."

Would you like to call Jarkko Ruutu out of retirement?

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Absolutely. As Doohickie mentioned there's a few teams similar to us that could rise. We have to be better than all of them but that's a reasonable goal. 

I don't want to be overconfident, but bear in mind that Detroit is changing coaches and that since March 1 the Sabres a hella lot better than Detroit.

Over their last 28 games, the Sabres earned 35 points to the Wings' 20.

• Like (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Report Vegas Golden Knights Have Bruce Cassidy as Head Coach
  • Brawndo changed the title to Report Vegas Golden Knights Have Hired Bruce Cassidy as Head Coach
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.