Report Vegas Golden Knights Have Hired Bruce Cassidy as Head Coach

Brawndo

• LGR4GM changed the title to Boston Bruins Fire Bruce Cassidy
16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Are they hiring Kruger?

If they're "smart" but yeah, all their best players are out or retiring and they let Cassidy go too.

Feels like a tank to me, jus sayin. 

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Love the press release.  Everybody (GM, Team President, & Owner) loves the guy& says he's a great coach, but they want to move in a different direction.

Alrighty then. 

I wonder if they are doing him a favor by not having his record affected by what’s coming in Boston.

• Like (+1) 6

I find it hard to blame Cassidy for losing all the road games to a 116-point 1st seed Carolina team in the opening round of the playoffs (even if Ullmark wasn't great in the first 2 games.) Carolina continued to win all their games at home until game 7 against the Rangers & Shesterkin.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Tank year no doubt about it

So who do the Sabres pick up in the fire sale?

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Hall + Krueger = miss the playoffs + lottery win = Bedard.

Oh! And trade for Eichel this offseason before his NMC kicks in while everyone else is on LTIR. Then LTIR Eichel down the stretch. This is the way.

Strangely I think you're right!

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

So he's the Anti-Meatball.

38 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Enjoy yourself Ullmark. 

Yeah, I have to laugh like hell- all these guys bail to teams that about to self-destruct (except for Reino/FLA I guess).

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

That tweet is likely right. Cassidy was a good coach who had a solid defensive system and the team stats show that, but he's also a little out of step with the times and the direction of the league. He was horrible and far too demanding with young players. Guys like Studnicka would show promise, play well offensively and then make one defensive error and it was back to Providence. As said above, he was in some ways the anti Granato. 

Those defensive stats above were impressive, but goals for was only 15th, PP was average, the offense was really not that good. Tank? Change of direction? No idea, but that does open a playoff spot for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.