Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are the Amerks fans feeling about the forward group after watching the prospect challenge?

Kozak, Kisakov, Rousek, Rosen, Kulich and Cederqvist all have had some really nice moments.  Add them to Mersch, Murray, Biro, Weissbach, Malone and possibly Bjork and Sheahan and you have a really nice blend of new players, veterans and mid level prospects.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How are the Amerks fans feeling about the forward group after watching the prospect challenge?

Kozak, Kisakov, Rousek, Rosen, Kulich and Cederqvist all have had some really nice moments.  Add them to Mersch, Murray, Biro, Weissbach, Malone and possibly Bjork and Sheahan and you have a really nice blend of new players, veterans and mid level prospects.

If UPL & Subban can give them reasonable or better goaltending they should be alright.

The big question is can the D actually help the G's keep the puck out of the net?

Games should be fun as the Amerks should be high scoring & their opponents might be as well.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's a nice blend for sure.

The Americans might be must watch. I'll probably watch anyways tbh. 

Super talented forward group. If Sheahan ends up in Rochester, that would be huge for them defensively. I think they need a good, defensively responsible veteran like him to balance out the rookies. 

Defense looks improved. Honestly UPL will likely be the weak link of the team. Subban will likely be much better, but he’ll get less games in. 

The AHL is tough to predict, but the Amerks look good. And I don’t feel any of their divisional rivals got much better. Utica especially lost a lot from last year. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How do Amerks fan feel about a potential D group of Clague, Davies, Laaksonen, Priskie, Tischke, Prow and Eliot?

Somebody needs to buy UPL & Subban copies of Eric Carmen's "All By Myself."  Horrible song, but appropriate because in games, they will be.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I was thinking much the same thing.  Lots of puck movers, but not anyone who actually defends well.

Call it a training year for the defenceman to learn, um, defence?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Call it a training year for the defenceman to learn, um, defence?

Tischke isn't as much of a puck mover as the others, but he's not exactly a solid defensive defenseman either.  Guess he's their "stay at home" guy.

Good luck with that Ukka & Malcolm.  You'll need it.

Tischke is the muscle. He’s fine as an AHL 6, IMO. And Laaksonen is serviceable as a 5. Think of them as Mike Weber and Jason Woolley.

Priskie Clague and Davies should be legit top 4 AHL D. Sure they’ll lean to the O side, but they’re all potentially better both ways than Ethan Prow who was the #1 last year after Mule and Fitzy got called up, and will be the other guy in the top 4.

If Pilut gets sent down, the D could be very good. 

Of course injuries will change that.

I agree that a steady guy like Alt would be a good addition.

41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Tischke isn't as much of a puck mover as the others, but he's not exactly a solid defensive defenseman either.  Guess he's their "stay at home" guy.

Good luck with that Ukka & Malcolm.  You'll need it.

I would disagree. Tischke may have become their steadiest defenseman by the end of last season. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

I would disagree. Tischke may have become their steadiest defenseman by the end of last season. 

He might have been.  Which is more of an indictment of the rest of them than a testament to his prowess.

Alt played well for them too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.