Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

I truly think KA was either thinking or hoping UPL would win the backup job out of camp, and Tokarski/Dell were his Hope/plan for Rochester. 

That isn't reassuring.  UPL wasn't anywhere close to securing an NHL job out of camp.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, inkman said:

Correct but you have to believe Kevyn thought UPL would at least vie for an NHL job and not get beat out by an AHL vet. 

Which, again, is not reassuring.  That after watching UPL play the previous season he didn't expect UPL to be pretty much what he was last year in camp really makes it easy to question his GT evaluation skills.

The rumored plan was Anderson and Dell in the NHL with UPL and Tokarski in Rochester to begin the season, with UPL getting the call up in sometime mid season for tutelage working in tandem with Anderson. 

They didn’t count on Dell’s Offseason Training primarily occurring at the Golden Corral 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The rumored plan was Anderson and Dell in the NHL with UPL and Tokarski in Rochester to begin the season, with UPL getting the call up in sometime mid season for tutelage working in tandem with Anderson. 

They didn’t count on Dell’s Offseason Training primarily occurring at the Golden Corral 

Barf

On 6/5/2022 at 6:39 PM, Brawndo said:

I agree. Anderson Dell was the plan B when Ullmark walked.  It was a stupid plan.  Anderson UPL would be just as stupid of a plan this coming season.

• Like (+1) 4

I still believe the plan was either Ullmark or Kuemper and they had no idea that Seattle would blow up the goaltending market.
Everyone close to the team has since gone to great pains to insist that they were comfortable with Anderson/Dell/UPL. They seem to prefer the perception of preparedness to the perception of overplaying their hand.

To be clear, this is me reading between the lines and nothing else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, tom webster said:

I still believe the plan was either Ullmark or Kuemper and they had no idea that Seattle would blow up the goaltending market.
Everyone close to the team has since gone to great pains to insist that they were comfortable with Anderson/Dell/UPL. They seem to prefer the perception of preparedness to the perception of overplaying their hand.

To be clear, this is me reading between the lines and nothing else.

It's called political spin and it's a bunch or crap.  They knew full well that Anderson/Dell was a crap plan B.  While I don't give KA a pass for that blunder, he gets another bite at the apple this off-season and how he handles it might change the direction of the franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It's called political spin and it's a bunch or crap.  They knew full well that Anderson/Dell was a crap plan B.  While I don't give KA a pass for that blunder, he gets another bite at the apple this off-season and how he handles it might change the direction of the franchise.

Agreed.  I don’t want to hear their excuses.  

We better not be going with Anderson/UPL this coming season.  Get an nhl calibre goalie in here to really see what this new core can do.  It’s too important.  I don’t want excuses, I want management that will get it done.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I guess we can add Cedarqvist to the Amerks rookies with Rosen and Kisakov for next season.  The Forward group is shaping up nicely for the Amerks with the 3 rookies, plus Mersch, Weissbach, Rousek, Pekar, plus probably Murray and possibly R2 as well.  A very European group so far, with only Mersch from NA so far.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I guess we can add Cedarqvist to the Amerks rookies with Rosen and Kisakov for next season.  The Forward group is shaping up nicely for the Amerks with the 3 rookies, plus Mersch, Weissbach, Rousek, Pekar, plus probably Murray and possibly R2 as well.  A very European group so far, with only Mersch from NA so far.  

Missing Josh Bloom?

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Ok Amerks fans are you happy with the flying D corp of Laaksonen, Prow, Davies, Priske and maybe Clague or Pilut?

Nope.  Because hockey is still hockey they will need some plugs back there to hit people and clear the crease and heaven forbid, drop the gloves occasionally.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

On 7/13/2022 at 3:08 PM, inkman said:

Nope.  Because hockey is still hockey they will need some plugs back there to hit people and clear the crease and heaven forbid, drop the gloves occasionally.

I’d be surprised if Tischke isn’t back.

Still need one more to replace Fitzy’s fire or Mule’s strength.

Priskie Davies, Pilut and Clague certainly address the biggest weakness of last year’s team though. They should do a much better job of exiting the zone than this year’s team though. Especially if Johnson gets added to that group.

Edited by dudacek

15 hours ago, dudacek said:

I’d be surprised if Tischke isn’t back.

Still need one more to replace Fitzy’s fire or Mule’s strength.

Priskie Davies, Pilut and Clague certainly address the biggest weakness of last year’s team though. They should do a much better job of exciting the zone than this year’s team though. Especially if Johnson gets added to that group.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I thought KA would go a slightly different direction for the Amerks next season. With only one actual Sabres prospect (Laaksonnen) on the Amerks roster, I thought he might sign a few college UFAs.  Instead he brought back Prow, Eliot and Tischke and then added Clague and Davies.  All but Prow qualify as developmental players with under 260 pro games.  Prow has 320 games under his belt, which is the cut off for the developmental exception player with 260 to 320 pro games.  FYI ECHL games don’t count, but Euro games in the KHL, Liiga, SHL, DEL, Czech and Swiss top leagues do count.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, pastajoe said:

Aaron Dell signed with San Jose.

Mark Jankowski signed with Nashville. I was hoping he’d come back to the Amerks.

Matt Moulson age 38 has retired from Hershey.

I was hoping Jankowski would be back, too. But this is the right move for him. In Nashville, he's in the lineup with a single injury at center; he could even be their 12-13F on opening night. With the Sabres, he'd be a few players from a call-up. Dare I say it --- the Sabres have better forward depth (or at least JJP/Quinn see-if-they-make-it) spots than a playoff team.

Congrats to Matt Moulson --- the Moulson will be with you, always. Not a bad little career for a 9th round pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.