Sabres Sign Isak Rosen to His ELC

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Amerks8796 said:

It’s easy to understand why a 20 year old kid would want to go back home, but the Sabres need to lay out why it’s better for them to stay. 

I don’t think he’ll want to go home. It’s obvious he’s not going to make the Sabres roster. That’s 100% unrealistic. However, he did sign his contract with us, which he didn’t have to do. He could’ve played another season in Sweden minus the contract. 

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I worry the kid will struggle badly in Roch. It'd be tough to watch as a fan of the team, and could hurt his development. 

I don't know the logistics, but it'd be good if he could do a year in the CHL as a first intro to the North American game. There he could hopefully put on some size, then go to Roch the following season, where he'll still potentially struggle.

That is why his signing and coming to camp is good.  The Sabres can recommend his next place to play based on what they see. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Pimlach said:

That is why his signing and coming to camp is good.  The Sabres can recommend his next place to play based on what they see. 

And Rosen can see it for himself as well. The Rasmuses and VO can give him guidance on the transition in gameplay and living situations. VO dominated in the SHL and still needed AHL time for the ice surface and increase in suddenness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/3/2022 at 12:18 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I tend to agree with you, but we have seen it work both ways.  VO stayed in Europe and developed just fine.  JJP came here and blew up (in a good way).  The jury is still out on whether it made any difference for Pekar or UPL. 

Depends on the relationship with the European org I would think.  Olofsson also had 18 points in his first 50 SHL games fwiw.  

The SHL has a relegation system as well, which means they couldn't care less about Rosen's development.  This isn't the NHL where you're awarded a pick if you finish last.  They just joined tier 1 in 2020, and they need to win to get players to sign and stay.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:16 AM, JoeSchmoe said:

Usually I'm doom and gloom on Rosen, but the WJC website has him listed at 5'11 174lb. Not a bad weight gain.

There was a good article today in the Athletic about Rosen's development and how COVID really impacted his ability to get time and reps in, but this junior tourney has highlighted his capabilities. 

His father also spoke how he expects Isak to eventually fill out, as he played professionally at 6 foot and 200lbs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

There was a good article today in the Athletic about Rosen's development and how COVID really impacted his ability to get time and reps in, but this junior tourney has highlighted his capabilities. 

His father also spoke how he expects Isak to eventually fill out, as he played professionally at 6 foot and 200lbs.

Wait What Reaction GIF by Willie Jones

Say what now!?! To the Athletic I go. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.