NHL PLAYOFFS: THE SEMIFINALS!

Eleven

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

NHL replay is getting as bad as the NFL. He was clearly offsides,what a terrible call there.

Actually, in what is actually a pretty smart move, well shockingly smart actually, as this is the NHL, and they rarely, if ever, make good tweaks to rules / rules interpretations, the league has started to consider a player to not be in control of the puck when crossing the blue line until his stick actually makes contact with the puck inside the offensive zone which gives players that appear to be offside an extra fraction of a second to get back onside.  

It's a smart move because it cuts down on how many apparent goals end up getting called off.

And, really wasn't sure how Koharski would keep his streak intact because on 1st glance, it did look like the play was offside.  But leave it to that putz to not understand how the league is interpreting the rules.  He didn't know how to interpret them when he was getting paid by the league.  It's silly to expect he'd know how to interpret them now that TNT is paying him.

PS - Did we get to a new record for use of the word "actually" in a single sentence?  😉

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Actually, in what is actually a pretty smart move, well shockingly smart actually, as this is the NHL, and they rarely, if ever, make good tweaks to rules / rules interpretations, the league has started to consider a player to not be in control of the puck when crossing the blue line until his stick actually makes contact with the puck inside the offensive zone which gives players that appear to be offside an extra fraction of a second to get back onside.  

It's a smart move because it cuts down on how many apparent goals end up getting called off.

And, really wasn't sure how Koharski would keep his streak intact because on 1st glance, it did look like the play was offside.  But leave it to that putz to not understand how the league is interpreting the rules.  He didn't know how to interpret them when he was getting paid by the league.  It's silly to expect he'd know how to interpret them now that TNT is paying him.

PS - Did we get to a new record for use of the word "actually" in a single sentence?  😉

Is Koharski sponsored by Timmy Ho's or Dunkin yet? If not it's a shame.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Neither team is capable of shutting it down defensively. It could be a record setting series offensively.

Yep.  And whichever emerges, I think will be destroyed by defense and goaltending from the East.  I had no idea that Colorado was this weak in its own end.

7 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Some might like this, but I think this is terrible playoff hockey. So many mistakes by both teams. Give me the old 3-2 tight games anytime.

They are both fun.

if they are fun.

• Like (+1) 1

This was a fun game.

I'm still keeping Game 1 of the Calgary series in mind.  If Colorado can't fix its net and D, this thing is far from over.  Omigosh they were horrible back there.

Edited by Eleven

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This was a fun game.

I'm still keeping Game 1 of the Calgary series in mind.  If Colorado can't fix its net and D, this thing is far from over.  Omigosh they were horrible back there.

Just Imagine them playing vs Tampa lol 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.