NHL PLAYOFFS: THE SEMIFINALS!

Eleven

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

A thug is a thug. A criminal is a criminal. A coward is a coward. A malicious cold-***** punch that has the potential to kill or permanently maim someone. The jocular response by some (not everyone) is also disturbing. That was a disturbing clip. 

I don't see any jocular responses here--maybe on twitter?

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

On another clip that was a little longer that I saw there were some comments by those walking by that I thought didn't show much regard for the victim. 

Pretty devastating blow. Definitely hope they find that guy.

…and yet,…

Your team has won the past 2 Stanley Cups,… and you’re chirping at an away game 5 in NYC after they lost with less than 2 minutes on the clock?!… Know your situation, buddy.  How’bout being a gracious winner, shuttin’ the ***** up, and gettin’ outa there.

I really wish both teams could lose. Colorado better take care of business next round.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

…and yet,…

Your team has won the past 2 Stanley Cups,… and you’re chirping at an away game 5 in NYC after they lost with less than 2 minutes on the clock?!… Know your situation, buddy.  How’bout being a gracious winner, shuttin’ the ***** up, and gettin’ outa there.

I really wish both teams could lose. Colorado better take care of business next round.

That's what fans do. There is nothing unusual about opposition fans engaging in back and forth chirping during the game and after it. 

I agree with you that you have to have a better sense of the situation and the risk of provoking a hostile reaction. But that punch was at a potentially murderous level for someone who was prepared for the hit.  

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

…and yet,…

I had a Tech fan literally jumping and trying to hug me seconds after they kicked a last second 50ish yard game winning field goal. I told him to get off and push him off me but I didn't swing or keep going after him or anything, just get off and pushed him away. I was 1 mile from UGA's stadium and surrounded by Dawgs but I didn't punch him.

Don't make excuses, sure that TB fan could have been gracious but that doesn't give someone the right to seriously injure them. The Ranger fan was out of line, no excuse for that punch. Guy should go to jail.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I had a Tech fan literally jumping and trying to hug me seconds after they kicked a last second 50ish yard game winning field goal. I told him to get off and push him off me but I didn't swing or keep going after him or anything, just get off and pushed him away. I was 1 mile from UGA's stadium and surrounded by Dawgs but I didn't punch him.

Don't make excuses, sure that TB fan could have been gracious but that doesn't give someone the right to seriously injure them. The Ranger fan was out of line, no excuse for that punch. Guy should go to jail.

Um. I agree and didn’t make excuses. That guy should go to jail and be banned from MSG for life.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Good thing New York City has 1 billion cameras around… And then that footage… I wouldn’t doubt if they’re able to track that guy down within the next few days. If they want to….

They already got him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, SwampD said:

…and yet,…

He was holding what looked like a beer in his hand.  He probably had many more in his belly and head.  The guy who clocked him probably did too.  No excuse for the jackass behavior of both.  One has to not be an ass and ask for it, but there is no justification for what the red shirted ***** did.  I don't see that it being MSG and NYC as making any kind of difference.  This could have happened anywhere.  Beer and being smart do not go well together.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Go back and watch the beginning of the video. There’s a badged MSG employee in a blazer walking along the railing who looks back and then just keeps on walking like nothing happened.

There's definitely someone with a sportcoat and a badge, but I can't tell if he works for MSG, for one of the teams, for the press, for a vendor, for ... 

It still would have been nice if he had stopped to do something.

13 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

He was holding what looked like a beer in his hand.  He probably had many more in his belly and head.  The guy who clocked him probably did too.  No excuse for the jackass behavior of both.  One has to not be an ass and ask for it, but there is no justification for what the red shirted ***** did.  I don't see that it being MSG and NYC as making any kind of difference.  This could have happened anywhere.  Beer and being smart do not go well together.

I think a lot of us can say that we're fortunate to have escaped our early-to-mid 20s.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There's definitely someone with a sportcoat and a badge, but I can't tell if he works for MSG, for one of the teams, for the press, for a vendor, for ... 

I think a lot of us can say that we're fortunate to have escaped our early-to-mid 20s.

19 years old is a dangerous age, imo. 

12 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Fair enough. I couldn’t find any good pictures of MSG uniforms. However, it’s clearly someone who had professional business there and they didn’t give a *****.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

…and yet,…

It wasn’t evident in the video that the Ning fan was talking junk.  I’ll have to watch again. 

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

This is called victim blaming. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I’m guessing they were videoing him for a reason.

Could be the attacker initiated all of it. We don't get to see anything leading up to it. To me a single fan at an away game doesn't single out 1 guy surrounded by hundreds of home fans and start the macho stuff.

One guy surround by hundreds of his gumbas is far more likely to start the talk and take the liberties.

• Like (+1) 1

Even if words were exchanged, no excuses, that was uncalled for.  It is one reason why I am always aware of the surroundings when at an away game…Bills or Sabres.   You can be attacked even when on best behavior. 

I hope the ***** ends up with at least some jail time. 🖕🏻

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This is called victim blaming. 

I know some people that have never gotten the beat down they deserved (either physically or socially.)

They are some of the biggest a$$holes I know and I can’t get away from them quick enough.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.