NHL PLAYOFFS: THE SEMIFINALS!

Eleven

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Love how these teams have backup goalies that I've never heard of, come in and toss a shutout. But the Sabres can't find a goalie to save their lives. Goaltending cost Buffalo at least 5 wins. 

Francouz been around a while... and you call yourself a hockey fan.

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Love how these teams have backup goalies that I've never heard of, come in and toss a shutout. But the Sabres can't find a goalie to save their lives. Goaltending cost Buffalo at least 5 10 wins. 

Five?   I would say 10.  

I will explode if we go with UPL and Anderson/Tokarski to start the season. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Five?   I would say 10.  

I will explode if we go with UPL and Anderson/Tokarski to start the season. 

Ten? I’d say more like 30. 

11 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Buh bye McJesus, Kane and Draisatl.......or whatever the ***** you name is.  

Why the animosity towards Edmonton?

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

First overall pick for 4 out of 6 years, and McDavid should have been a Sabre. Plus Canadian fans are arrogant.

I’ve heard similar things in the past.  Why does it bother people that Edmonton had to hose picks? Jealously?  

A random post that doesn’t mean anything.

I’ve been trying to figure out what it is about this thread that has bothered me. I’ve  finally figured it out.

Semifinals,…

This is hockey. It’s the Conference Finals. What is this?… soccer?!

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

A random post that doesn’t mean anything.

I’ve been trying to figure out what it is about this thread that has bothered me. I’ve  finally figured it out.

Semifinals,…

This is hockey. It’s the Conference Finals. What is this?… soccer?!

This round is always the Semifinals.  It's only usually the Conference Finals.  (And btw, refuse to NHLese it into the Final.  We aren't afraid of plurals.  😉 )

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I’ve heard similar things in the past.  Why does it bother people that Edmonton had to hose picks? Jealously?  

Jealousy, envy. They got the 1st overall pick 3 years in a row, then 2 years later got McDavid, who should have gone to Buffalo. They were rewarded for their continued incompetence with the best player in the world.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

This round is always the Semifinals.  It's only usually the Conference Finals.  (And btw, refuse to NHLese it into the Final.  We aren't afraid of plurals.  😉 )

I have never heard of this round mentioned as the semi-finals. It’s always the ECFs or the WCFs.

And I will use the plural, because it is at least four games and sometimes up to seven.

I won’t use an apostrophe, though.

Edited by SwampD

4 hours ago, inkman said:

As pasta said, their incompetence got them multiple 1sts and then allowed them to steal McDavid out from under us.

The Sabres incompetence never really got us anything; we never moved up via lottery and our tank fruit spoiled

21 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I have never heard of this round mentioned as the semi-finals. It’s always the ECFs or the WCFs.

And I will use the plural, because it is at least four games and sometimes up to seven.

I won’t use an apostrophe, though.

Umm, did you watch the playoffs last year?  They didn't have "conferences."  They had independent divisions that got sorted in the Semifinals into top point gathering division champion played the one with the fewest & then the other 2 played each other.

21 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

As pasta said, their incompetence got them multiple 1sts and then allowed them to steal McDavid out from under us.

The Sabres incompetence never really got us anything; we never moved up via lottery and our tank fruit spoiled

Dahlin and Power disagree.

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Umm, did you watch the playoffs last year?  They didn't have "conferences."  They had independent divisions that got sorted in the Semifinals into top point gathering division champion played the one with the fewest & then the other 2 played each other.

Was that the one where all the Canadian teams played in one division? 

Um, that’s the one you are going to use to prove your point?

k

EDIT: I’m guessing that my sarcasm filter needs to be recalibrated. It’s been a brutal week.

Edited by SwampD

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Ten? I’d say more like 30. 

Why the animosity towards Edmonton?

I still have hate from that draft....where our consolation prize was still supposedly a generational talent. Edmonton can eat my ass. Spoiled with Wayne, and now with McDavid. F'k them.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I mean really, we are the same as Edmonton at this point.  They got 4 first OALs.  We got 2 firsts and 2 second OALs.  The shraderenfreude is strange.

Naw.  There was only one McDavid.  They got him. If Eichel was even remotely cool that would have helped.  But he is not.  

They even got Draisitl, the best in his class, with the 3rd pick.  They have had much good fortune. 

I think the Avs are going all the way. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.