NHL PLAYOFFS: THE SEMIFINALS!

Eleven

We have Colorado against the upstart Oilers.  Will it be a battle of inept goalies or a battle of star forwards?  Or will it just be a fight-fest?

On the more important part of the continent (I did this for you, you westerners), how long will the Rags last against Tampa?

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Colorado is to much for Edmonton, but I have been saying that about Edmonton all along.  I do think they meet their match.  Mac versus Mc should be good.  Luci versus Kadri will be lame.  Kadri is not a fighter.  Colorado in 6.

I will give the Rangers 1 game in the East.  Game 2.  That's it.  They have punched above their weight class all playoff, as they say.  I don't see it continuing.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

33 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Colorado is to much for Edmonton, but I have been saying that about Edmonton all along.  I do think they meet their match.  Mac versus Mc should be good.  Luci versus Kadri will be lame.  Kadri is not a fighter.  Colorado in 6.

I will give the Rangers 1 game in the East.  Game 2.  That's it.  They have punched above their weight class all playoff, as they say.  I don't see it continuing.

Rangers young legs may make it interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Rangers young legs may make it interesting.

That could make a difference, but TB is well rested.  Playoff experience is more important usually.  We will get to see just how good this Ranger goaler is when he is up against the best in the business.

Youthful enthusiasm may get the Rangers 2 games.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic

Love that scoring that has not really dropped much from the regular season...

Think both series could be over in 5 or less with TB and Colorado facing off in the finals. At worst I think they go 6.

Don't see a viable path for either the Rangers or Edmonton to make it to the Finals unless something crazy happens like Vasilevsky goes down for multiple games or Mike Smith suddenly starts stealing games for Edmonton.

• Like (+1) 1

I will take the soft and physically weak Colorado Avalanche (who barely beat the much more physically imposing Predators) in 6. Defense wins championships and Colorado has better defense and goaltending than basically anyone Edmonton has played. 

I will take Tampa Bay lightning in 5 because the NYR are Shesterkin and for the first time will face a good goalie opposite them and a deep team. Shesterkin will keep them in some games but Tampa is just going to grind them into the dust with their continuing attacks from multiple lines. If Point comes back they might even sweep the rangers. 

One of these will probably be wrong but whatever. 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Love that scoring that has not really dropped much from the regular season...

Think both series could be over in 5 or less with TB and Colorado facing off in the finals. At worst I think they go 6.

Don't see a viable path for either the Rangers or Edmonton to make it to the Finals unless something crazy happens like Vasilevsky goes down for multiple games or Mike Smith suddenly starts stealing games for Edmonton.

Like Trouba putting a key opponent out with a head shot for the third consecutive series? (Which, by definition then, wouldn't be 'something crazy' I suppose).

I'm with you though. Believe it will be TB and COL in the final.

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

Like Trouba putting a key opponent out with a head shot for the third consecutive series? (Which, by definition then, wouldn't be 'something crazy' I suppose).

I'm with you though. Believe it will be TB and COL in the final.

Trouba is trash.

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Colorado’s goaltending is better than Edmonton’s.

Colorado’s offense is overall more potent and spread out than Edmonton’s. 
Predict Colorado in 6 or 7.

Tampa is better at everything than NY. 
Predict Tampa in 5 or 6.

Please, please, please,…

… and I hate Tampa.

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I will take the soft and physically weak Colorado Avalanche (who barely beat the much more physically imposing Predators) in 6. Defense wins championships and Colorado has better defense and goaltending than basically anyone Edmonton has played. 

I will take Tampa Bay lightning in 5 because the NYR are Shesterkin and for the first time will face a good goalie opposite them and a deep team. Shesterkin will keep them in some games but Tampa is just going to grind them into the dust with their continuing attacks from multiple lines. If Point comes back they might even sweep the rangers. 

One of these will probably be wrong but whatever. 

Colorado is physically weak?

Two former Sabres make it 1-1.

13 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Kadri may not be a fighter but he is due to get another playoff suspension hurting his team.  The guy seems to get a loose screw at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.