5-25-22 Playoff GDT Game 3 Laval @ Rochester - 7:05 pm AHLTV

inkman

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure this kid is calling it.  Will watch the 3rd & 4th OTs in the AM while checking e-mails & planning the day.

Thanks for the play by play. Now I’ll have to rely on @pastajoefor updates and, frankly, I’m afraid to click on his posts in this thread. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Completely appropriate way for their season to end.  A shift by Prost and schudt mucking around in their zone and having zero ability at all to clear their zone followed by Davidson’s defensive blunder 

the defensive unit of this team was never going to be good enough without Samuelsson 

18 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Is it that, or is it that he knows he's slumping?

All goal scorers go through a slump.  He’s in one now and trying to hard 

Sure looks like the lavas guy deflected the clearing pass over the boards and shouldn’t have been a penalty but tough to tell. Funny how refs hide their whistles in OT but love calling the mandatory over the glass penalty even when it might have been an erroneous call.

Just now, pastajoe said:

Davidson took the penalty, and Dea scored.

Yeah I'm just referring to one of two tragic events in Sabres playoff history that had to do with puck-over-glass and elimination.

Also this whole Dea/Kea thing is confusing me.

• Like (+1) 1

What a crazy game. 

I don’t know about the players, but I’m exhausted. Half the crowd was gone by the time 3rd OT started. 

Quinn was a huge disappointment all game, and all playoffs. Would be going to a game Friday if Murray didn’t take that bonehead penalty at the end of the 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Would be going to a game Friday if Murray didn’t take that bonehead penalty at the end of the 3rd.

Would have never gotten to OT at all if Murray hadn't scored twice in the third, so there is that...

I'm kind of philosophical.  I didn't really expect them to get this far.  I wanted them to win it all, but in terms of development a number of Sabres prospects saw high level playoff hockey, and no doubt learned a lot from that.  It's not NHL level playoff hockey, but the experience should help them when the Sabres eventually do make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I’m disappointed they lost, but Laval was the better team, so I don’t feel too bad. Laval is super fast and they forecheck hard. They may not win the cup but they’ll be a tough out. Amerks just ran out of gas. I think the Utica series took a lot out of them, and losing Mersch didn’t help. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

0 goals and 2 points is inexcusable I'm sorry.

Hopefully this is not a trend for Quinn in big games

So you're saying you could do better? 

I get weary of you in particular pronouncing players hot trash.  Why are you even a fan?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So you're saying you could do better? 

I get weary of you in particular pronouncing players hot trash.  Why are you even a fan?

100%.   He’s exhausting.   The list of terrible and wrong takes by him should have it’s own thread 

8 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

What a crazy game. 

I don’t know about the players, but I’m exhausted. Half the crowd was gone by the time 3rd OT started. 

Quinn was a huge disappointment all game, and all playoffs. Would be going to a game Friday if Murray didn’t take that bonehead penalty at the end of the 3rd. 

Lucky for you, you will never have to Quinn in an Amerks jersey again 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.