Sabres Announce 2021 4th Round Pick Olivier Nadeau has been signed to His ELC

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I'm unable to read the sweater names, who's the player that made the one handed pass to Nadeau?

I like him a lot.

13 hours ago, French Collection said:

Nadeau scores on a beautiful feed from Maverick Bourque to take the lead.

"Cataractes" is the plural form of "cataracte", which means in English 'cataract' in the sense of a powerful waterfall, derived from the Latin word "cataracta" meaning 'waterfall' or 'portcullis'. The team is named after the Shawinigan Falls, a prominent waterfall in the city of Shawinigan

Had to post this. I had no clue what the team name meant.

https://chlmemorialcup.ca/gamecentre/533/boxscore

Nadeau likes to be in close to the net and appears very crafty/sly staying around it without taking a beating.. Great way to make a living in the NHL.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

"Cataractes" is the plural form of "cataracte", which means in English 'cataract' in the sense of a powerful waterfall, derived from the Latin word "cataracta" meaning 'waterfall' or 'portcullis'. The team is named after the Shawinigan Falls, a prominent waterfall in the city of Shawinigan

That is why Niagara Falls is called the cataract city.

27 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Nadeau likes to be in close to the net and appears very crafty/sly staying around it without taking a beating.. Great way to make a living in the NHL.

I see.

S_1217_agre-related-cataract_M1550430.wi

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Make that Two GWGs in a row for Nadeau. 

Did you see the highlight?  MacTavish from Hamilton basically sat on Nadeau for a good four seconds--no call--and then was pretty despondent when Nadeau ended up with the goal anyway.

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

You mean the name isn't celebrating the car model

image.thumb.png.057dadf4aa7f7422618abc78cb2cd1e5.png

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Did you see the highlight?  MacTavish from Hamilton basically sat on Nadeau for a good four seconds--no call--and then was pretty despondent when Nadeau ended up with the goal anyway.

And I saw the Sabres Future 4th Line Center winning a battle against one of Anaheim’s Future Top 2 Centers 

• Like (+1) 1

2-2 in the semi final vs Hamilton. Nadeau set up the first goal and just tipped in the tying goal. Kid is a player. If they can improve his skating he could be an impact player. Lots of Andreychuk traits around the net.

Nadeau has scored in every game of the Memorial Cup so far.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

2-2 in the semi final vs Hamilton. Nadeau set up the first goal and just tipped in the tying goal. Kid is a player. If they can improve his skating he could be an impact player. Lots of Andreychuk traits around the net.

Nadeau has scored in every game of the Memorial Cup so far.

Dumb question.  Any idea when the Memorial Cup expanded from just a 4 team tourney?  (And, no, don't care enough to google it.  Pretty sure somebody will know offhand.)

44 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Dumb question.  Any idea when the Memorial Cup expanded from just a 4 team tourney?  (And, no, don't care enough to google it.  Pretty sure somebody will know offhand.)

As far as I remember it has been a 4 team tournament. Champions of WHL, OHL and QMJHL plus host city, which is rotated among the 3 leagues.

The host this year, Saint John, was knocked out early in the Q playoffs. They had been practicing and waiting since early May. They won all of their round robin games and got a bye to the finals.

The CHL tries to select a host who should be peaking by the year that they play the tournament. That can be a challenge in itself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.