Jump to content

Sabres Announce 2021 4th Round Pick Olivier Nadeau has been signed to His ELC


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Announce 2021 4th Round Pick Oliver Nadeau has been signed to His ELC

*Haven’t had a player in the system like him since Carrier. He’s 200 feet of banging with NHL hands.*

 

Hope the person that made this comment is a very truthful and a knowledgeable fan. I forgot all about him myself.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really have my doubts a fourth rounder will make it. What is nice, is the Sabres PR team makes sure that they get their social media presence out there in a very positive light for the team and their prospects. Has to feel great to him and his parents/siblings/friends that he is on the *big club's* social media pages.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Really have my doubts a fourth rounder will make it. What is nice, is the Sabres PR team makes sure that they get their social media presence out there in a very positive light for the team and their prospects. Has to feel great to him and his parents/siblings/friends that he is on the *big club's* social media pages.

 His chances are low but they need to stockpile the system.  Loading it up with draft picks who they see with potential, is a big step to award doing so. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

 His chances are low but they need to stockpile the system.  Loading it up with draft picks who they see with potential, is a big step to award doing so. 

Okay, that's great and all, but ...

Hottie alert !!

Of course, he's just a boy now.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the information I've read on the kid, if they can improve his skating (which is doable, he just turned 19) he could be legit prospect. Has a heavy shot and is a high IQ player. We're due for an overachiever to make it. Big kid also so he has 4th line potential as well.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jsb said:

From the information I've read on the kid, if they can improve his skating (which is doable, he just turned 19) he could be legit prospect. Has a heavy shot and is a high IQ player. We're due for an overachiever to make it. Big kid also so he has 4th line potential as well.

He does have good building blocks.  4th rounders do make it from time to time.  He could have a good career in Rochester and make a decent living and also spend some time with the Sabres.

They see the potential since they signed him rather quickly (I think) for a 4th rounder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

 His chances are low but they need to stockpile the system.  Loading it up with draft picks who they see with potential, is a big step to award doing so. 

Statistically speaking 4th rd picks have about a 20% chance of playing 100 NHL games.  

That said, I think this kid has a real chance.  Every year a few 4th rd players develop into good NHLers.  This kid has good hands and a willingness to go to the net.  A skill very much in demand in todays game.  

He has another year in the CHL to improve his skating and has improved each year. 

At some point where you were drafted doesn’t matter.  The Sabres have now recently signed 3 wingers from the 2021 class with Poltapov and Rosen to go, but Nadeau is the only right shot in the group.  These guys will compete and the best will make the team regardless of draft position.  

I suspect 7th pick Kozak will also get signed soon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Statistically speaking 4th rd picks have about a 20% chance of playing 100 NHL games.  

That said, I think this kid has a real chance.  Every year a few 4th rd players develop into good NHLers.  This kid has good hands and a willingness to go to the net.  A skill very much in demand in todays game.  

He has another year in the CHL to improve his skating and has improved each year. 

At some point where you were drafted doesn’t matter.  The Sabres have now recently signed 3 wingers from the 2021 class with Poltapov and Rosen to go, but Nadeau is the only right shot in the group.  These guys will compete and the best will make the team regardless of draft position.  

I suspect 7th pick Kozak will also get signed soon.  

I respect the numbers but you sign these guys hoping for the Hagel’s, VO, et al.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I respect the numbers but you sign these guys hoping for the Hagel’s, VO, et al.

And last year's draft was like a journey back into the 70's or 80's in regards to knowing so little about where they really should've slotted due to so much disruption worldwide due to the lockdowns.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Statistically speaking 4th rd picks have about a 20% chance of playing 100 NHL games.  

That said, I think this kid has a real chance.  Every year a few 4th rd players develop into good NHLers.  This kid has good hands and a willingness to go to the net.  A skill very much in demand in todays game.  

He has another year in the CHL to improve his skating and has improved each year. 

At some point where you were drafted doesn’t matter.  The Sabres have now recently signed 3 wingers from the 2021 class with Poltapov and Rosen to go, but Nadeau is the only right shot in the group.  These guys will compete and the best will make the team regardless of draft position.  

I suspect 7th pick Kozak will also get signed soon.  

Another year in the CHL?  I was thinking he would be in Rochester next season now that he signed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Digger said:

Another year in the CHL?  I was thinking he would be in Rochester next season now that he signed?

He cannot go to the AHL because of His Age, He missed the cutoff by 16 days.  It’s either the NHL or CHL for Him. 

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He cannot go to the AHL because of His Age, He missed the cutoff by 16 days.  It’s either the NHL or CHL for Him. 

This makes no sense.

Was he to young or to old to make it to the AHL?

His ELC can't be a 2 way deal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Statistically speaking 4th rd picks have about a 20% chance of playing 100 NHL games.  

That said, I think this kid has a real chance.  Every year a few 4th rd players develop into good NHLers.  This kid has good hands and a willingness to go to the net.  A skill very much in demand in todays game.  

He has another year in the CHL to improve his skating and has improved each year. 

Would it be fair to say that he COULD be a Tanner Jeannot (or similar) for us in a few years? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Statistically speaking 4th rd picks have about a 20% chance of playing 100 NHL games.  

That said, I think this kid has a real chance.  Every year a few 4th rd players develop into good NHLers.  This kid has good hands and a willingness to go to the net.  A skill very much in demand in todays game.  

He has another year in the CHL to improve his skating and has improved each year. 

At some point where you were drafted doesn’t matter.  The Sabres have now recently signed 3 wingers from the 2021 class with Poltapov and Rosen to go, but Nadeau is the only right shot in the group.  These guys will compete and the best will make the team regardless of draft position.  

I suspect 7th pick Kozak will also get signed soon.  

Is that right? 1 in 5 fourth rd picks play at least 100 NHL games? I would of guessed it was like 1 in 20. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

This makes no sense.

Was he to young or to old to make it to the AHL?

His ELC can't be a 2 way deal?

Players playing in any of the 3 leagues in the CHL are not allowed to play in the AHL until they've turned 20.  (There are a very few exceptions to this, but for the most part that's the rule.)  That's per an agreement worked out between the NHL & the CHL.  

Apparently, he'll be 16 days too young to play in the AHL this coming season.

ALL ELC's are 2 way deals w/ a limited range of allowable salaries, but they are also one of the few contract categories that may allow performance bonuses to be included.  The concern here has nothing to do w/ the ELC & is entirely related to his age & having been drafted out of the Q.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Players playing in any of the 3 leagues in the CHL are not allowed to play in the AHL until they've turned 20.  (There are a very few exceptions to this, but for the most part that's the rule.)  That's per an agreement worked out between the NHL & the CHL.  

Apparently, he'll be 16 days too young to play in the AHL this coming season.

ALL ELC's are 2 way deals w/ a limited range of allowable salaries, but they are also one of the few contract categories that may allow performance bonuses to be included.  The concern here has nothing to do w/ the ELC & is entirely related to his age & having been drafted out of the Q.

Thank you.

I assume then he gets paid his non NHL ELC amount no matter which league he is in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

Thank you.

I assume then he gets paid his non NHL ELC amount no matter which league he is in.

Actually, if he's playing in junior all he gets paid by the Sabres organization is any signing bonus he might have negotiated.

Junior players get paid a small stipend by their teams, but you'd have to ask someone who follows junior hockey far more closely to know how much they get there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • nfreeman changed the title to Sabres Announce 2021 4th Round Pick Olivier Nadeau has been signed to His ELC

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...