Game 5 5/19/22 Rochester @ Utica 7:05 pm - AHLTV

PromoTheRobot

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And yet, if you go back to the puck starting w/ 3 something left, the clock didn't start running for about 4 seconds then it skipped forward 2 seconds & another 2 and was caught up.  That happens every broadcast.

Again. The officials blew the game over with a whistle. The arena clock didn't go off. So the arena clock and the clock on tv were off. FYI TV productions often sync their clock to the actual scoreboard.

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is where the fun begins!

The elite 8.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Again. The officials blew the game over with a whistle. The arena clock didn't go off. So the arena clock and the clock on tv were off. FYI TV productions often sync their clock to the actual scoreboard.

And yes, the arena clock operator (though not the official timekeeper obviously) might have tried to get away w/ something.  But this has been an issue ALL season long w/ watching the Amerks feed.  Really doubt that every rink operator in the Eastern Conference is pulling something shifty.  It's far more likely the Amerks broadcast of their own, or the other team's, rink feed has issues because it has been a noticeable problem all year long.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

It looks like Quinn is slowly coming out of his funk. He is getting more chances and hopefully buries one to get him going.

It is great to see Krebs, JJ, Quinn etc getting this experience as well as Cozens coming on at the Worlds.

He had one SOG in the third, and it was a HEAVY wrist shot. You can’t teach people to shoot like that. It’s no wonder why he was drafted in the first round.  

He’s pretty involved in the play when he’s out there. Hopefully his puck luck turns around.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Believer said:

Many fond memories drinking 25 cent Genesee Splits at the Idle Hour Bar on Center St in Geneseo as an Undergrad… Rented a house a block away… Rolled home… 

OMG I havent heard that bar's name since 1983 watching SU v GT on the big screen in back

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not to look past Laval, but if the Amerks and Thunderbirds win, it's only 2 hours to Springfield for me.

Me too as well as still have a house in Amherst Ma... close by and my renters are next weekend... may have to buy an Amerks Jersey and go.

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

How bout that....12 people from Rochester showed up. That arena is a toilet. My daughter's had a gymnastics meet there. Dirty, dungy puke hole. Blue Cross looks like the Taj Mahal compared to that dumpster.

So f'n awesome though. I am def hitting a game or two next series. Things are looking up in the old Roc. Amerks moving on, and the Red Wings are actually good for the first time in 150 years.

Edited by Claude Balls

• SDS unpinned this topic
48 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Boom, 2 tix secured in Laval on Sunday, gonna watch a nice win then go out and find some Montreal smoked meat and a victory beer! 

We’ll have to hit up a game in Rochester, I’ll bring the smoked meat.  

So I was curious about the whole 2nd round/3rd round thing and looked into it.  The AHL expanded its playoffs this year to 23 teams, meaning that only 8 teams didn’t make the playoffs.  9 teams got 1st-round byes, while the other 14 teams played in the first round, which was best-of-3.

Rounds 2 and 3 are best of 5, and rounds 4 and 5 are best of 7.  So the Amerks will have to win 3 against Laval.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.