NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is the sixth time in the last eight years the Bolts have gone to the Eastern Conference Finals. Hard to believe in the salary cap era. 

One of those times they weren't in the Semifinals was the year they had one of the best RS's ever but got swept by the BJ's.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Respectfully, I don’t agree at all with this.  They didn’t skirt or circumvent anything.  
People hate the rule and I get it, but Tampa didn’t invent the rules. 

Whatever. And yet for some reason, the Sabres were not afforded the same courtesy.

Also, I've never been a fan of the "well, there is no rule against it, so it's okay" line of thinking. Not only in hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Whatever. And yet for some reason, the Sabres were not afforded the same courtesy.

Also, I've never been a fan of the "well, there is no rule against it, so it's okay" line of thinking. Not only in hockey.

But there is a rule and Tim Connolly was a long time ago. Save your whatever for the garage league that is the NHL and/or Bettman.  
Also, this is an opinion column, but it’s got the info. 17 teams exceeded the cap that year with LTIR.  
https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/hockey/opinion/2021/07/10/the-tampa-bay-lightning-didnt-cheat-their-way-to-the-stanley-cup-get-over-the-salary-cap-thing.html

54 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

But there is a rule and Tim Connolly was a long time ago. Save your whatever for the garage league that is the NHL and/or Bettman.  
Also, this is an opinion column, but it’s got the info. 17 teams exceeded the cap that year with LTIR.  
https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/hockey/opinion/2021/07/10/the-tampa-bay-lightning-didnt-cheat-their-way-to-the-stanley-cup-get-over-the-salary-cap-thing.html

I know what the rules are, and I know that none were broken. I also know that my opinion differs from that guy's opinion.

I just find it curious that when certain teams do things like this, you get articles from douchebags like this justifying it, but when other teams do it, it's an insult to the game and rule changes follow.

…but MFTs don't exist.

Again,… whatever.

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t mind players who play with an edge… I mind when that edge turns to dirty play or intent to injure. 

Sample of Why I never liked Nazem Kadri. And like the scum bag Marchand, never will. 

I agree with this. The thing about Kadri is he isn't just dirty, he tries to injure. I personally think he's worse than Marchand. Marchand will give you a cheap slash or trip, yaps his mouth off, but most of his stuff (most) is pretty harmless in terms of injury. 

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I rewatched Kadri play, yeh going hard to the net at the goalie but defender shoved Kadri and defender and Kadri both ran, tripped over stretched out goalie... not sure it was as dirty as it first looked... not saying Kadri would have done something similar without the contact... he plays with an edge... still cant believe Toronto let him go... Sabres could use a guy like that and despite being mauled by St Louis last night he scored a hat trick... Id take this guy on my team any day.

Don't buy that argument for a second. He took advantage of the situation and lunged forward. Very Gary Dornhoeffer. Deliberate intent to injure and he got what he wanted. Toronto got rid of him because he became a liability. He got suspended both years against Boston. Played a big role in their losing because of that. He got away with it this time, but he's still the same guy and I find the praise he got post game for playing well after his social media death threats was the height of hypocrisy.

Evander Kane and Nazim Kadri as the heroes of playoffs 2022 is simply disgusting.  

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

We shoulda traded Eichel to NY, maybe they would start struggling. They look quite good. 

I don't know who to detest more in this series, but at this point, I don't see either beating a rested Tampa 

I can’t root for the Candy Canes (unless it’s vs Boston or Toronto). So this round it’s the Rangers for me.

Beyond the offense Mcdavid is just so impressive. He's skating his ass off on dump in, finishing a check, contesting for every puck, then flying back on the forcheck. He's unreal and he has the effort and leadership to match

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.