NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

There is nothing better than Playoff Hockey!

I love how guys absolutely sell out to win a game. 

Reino living up to his nickname just laid Cernik out in the crease crashing the net.

Well, they still lost so see ya Samson, gimme that 28th pick buddy!!

Edited by Norcal

7 hours ago, MattPie said:

That's the hard-nosed old-time physical hockey, what's the big deal? /s

Honestly I have no big deal with it. My point is the Kadri play was dirtier and worse than the Lucic play. The commentary surrounding the plays is reversed however as is the punishment because of who they are and who they play for. 

Before Hamilton says it: Reinhart only 1 point in 4 games against Tampa. 

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Panthers suffer the Reinhart curse 😉

(Realize you're joking, but...) Had Reinhart not gotten his goal in Game 4, they never get the opportunity to get smoked this round.  Course, had the attempted empty netter just before that glanced off the inside of the net frame rather than the outside, he never gets THAT opportunity.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Oh my.  Blues lose 2 in the box for running Kadri and he gets away with nothing. 

Avs can ice this on the 5 v 3. 

Kadri, who else, gets the PPG.  Oh my, the Blues are in trouble. 

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Blaming a win or a loss on one player on a team sport… Is the lowest hanging fruit and intellectually dishonest.

Unless it's Eichel...  zing!

But for Florida I blame Joe Thornton's beard. RE the Panthers as a whole, it's sad to not get some new blood into the conference finals and for hockey entertainment. They would have been a blast against Edmonton or Colorado (less so STL or CGY). But... 3 goals in 4 games isn't going to cut it. And to think Vasilevskiy started the playoffs giving up 5,3,5,3,4 against Toronto and was shaky at times.

Edited by DarthEbriate

Ya, poor old Joe Thornton, that was probably his last shot. No cup for him. Claude Giroux probably wishing he'd considered other deadline destinations as well. Florida imo played that series like they played the regular season and Tampa elevated to that playoff level that you need. Florida just lacked that spark and extra effort to go above and beyond. 

and of course they had Reinhart.

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Blaming a win or a loss on one player on a team sport… Is the lowest hanging fruit and intellectually dishonest.

It's called having fun. Try it sometime. 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Honestly I have no big deal with it. My point is the Kadri play was dirtier and worse than the Lucic play. The commentary surrounding the plays is reversed however as is the punishment because of who they are and who they play for. 

Before Hamilton says it: Reinhart only 1 point in 4 games against Tampa. 

I rewatched Kadri play, yeh going hard to the net at the goalie but defender shoved Kadri and defender and Kadri both ran, tripped over stretched out goalie... not sure it was as dirty as it first looked... not saying Kadri would have done something similar without the contact... he plays with an edge... still cant believe Toronto let him go... Sabres could use a guy like that and despite being mauled by St Louis last night he scored a hat trick... Id take this guy on my team any day.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is the sixth time in the last eight years the Bolts have gone to the Eastern Conference Finals. Hard to believe in the salary cap era. 

A little less hard to believe knowing that they skirted the cap twice in that time.

7 hours ago, Norcal said:

Wow

Came here to post about this guy. Florida getting swept is deceptive given how incredible he was. This stat blew my mind.

22 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t mind players who play with an edge… I mind when that edge turns to dirty play or intent to injure. 

Sample of Why I never liked Nazem Kadri. And like the scum bag Marchand, never will. 

The border between the "edge" and utter recklessness (which, imo, counts as an intent to injure) is so blurry as not to exist. I would celebrate if either of those players -- or a player comparable to them -- were on the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.