NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I thought it was more Zadorov going for the hit than playing actual defense like usual.

It was a really weird place to try and throw a check at the best skater in the NHL. Calgary paid the price.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

Broken record?

The record looks fine. Can't see a scratch on it. So it's the player that's broken. 

Do I focus on the same things frequently? Probably. I enjoy the physicality in hockey. But I am no more repetitive than those wetting themselves over Connor McDavid goals. Saying how good he is is pretty repetitive too. We all like what we like.

Now what happened in 1988? Didn't get that reference at all. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I thought it was more Zadorov going for the hit than playing actual defense like usual.

It was. You go for the hit and make it, it's a great play. You miss the hit and you look like a fool. He missed it. 

4 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

They didn't ruin it for me at all. I was highly entertained throughout but that's my opinion, can I ask where you thought the refs ruined the outcome of this game?

They kept sending pairs of guys off every time it was getting a little heated. I enjoy a little mayhem in the playoffs. Let them play. Its not a 1980s thing, not talking about fighting, but I prefer a game with bodies flying and players hitting each other and a little chaos instead of whistles and power plays. It's just more fun to me. 

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

I don’t know what this means?

If that is a real video of what is happening, it most likely means that the lubrication on the mechanical parts of your old turntable are dried up and causing a false  "return".  You can fix that by carefully scraping off the old lubricant on all the mechanical linkages and then replacing with fresh white lithium grease.  This should free up the operation in most cases.  

Now - If the video is doctored, it implies that someone is insinuating that someone else is repeating themselves and "sounds like a broken record".  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

If that is a real video of what is happening, it most likely means that the lubrication on the mechanical parts of your old turntable are dried up and causing a false  "return".  You can fix that by carefully scraping off the old lubricant on all the mechanical linkages and then replacing with fresh white lithium grease.  This should free up the operation in most cases.  

Now - If the video is doctored, it implies that someone is insinuating that someone else is repeating themselves and "sounds like a broken record".  

I know who to call if I ever get an old turntable

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

These hockey announcers, including Koharski are getting more and more insane. They can be looking right at something and tell you that something else is happening.

How is Kadri playing the puck when he is diving on the goalie? JFC. I don't even care, but truth is truth and apparently no one cares anymore.

Looks like the Avs know that if they don't play tough they are going to lose.

36 minutes ago, SwampD said:

These hockey announcers, including Koharski are getting more and more insane. They can be looking right at something and tell you that something else is happening.

How is Kadri playing the puck when he is diving on the goalie? JFC. I don't even care, but truth is truth and apparently no one cares anymore.

Looks like the Avs know that if they don't play tough they are going to lose.

Playing tougher or continuing to average 15+ shots/period (as they did in game 1). Either ought to do it with their roster. I applaud STL, but I think this is the reason you play a series in the NHL. A hot-Binnington will win some series, but the better team should float upwards in a 7-game series.

(Yes, I'll be eating crow after the Blues close this out in 6 by being more gnarly and snarly.)

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Tampa has really raised their game this series.  No Brayden Point, and still up 3-0.  Time to bring out the brooms. 

I’m shocked.   I thought this would be a 7 game war. 

Was surprised Reinhart got that late goal in game 4 the previous round that saved that series.  There's always at least one 1 seed that goes out in the 1st round.  Thought they were it, & they were less than a minute away from a 3-1 hole, but this year surprisingly there weren't any.  Go figure.

Long worded way of saying didn't see FLA's game translating to the post season well.

Florida needs to try Knight in goal.  Having a young and fresh face back there is about the only chance they've got to psychologically refresh itself.  Will it work?  Probably not.  Will keeping Bobo back there work?  Definitely not.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Florida needs to try Knight in goal.  Having a young and fresh face back there is about the only chance they've got to psychologically refresh itself.  Will it work?  Probably not.  Will keeping Bobo back there work?  Definitely not.

Also Ekblad is overrated 😛

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.