NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I had little or no context for ESPN’s coverage of the NHL before watching tonight’s game. I approve. The female reporters doing the player interviews are sharp and quick on their feet in asking their questions.

Kevin Weekes is a knowledgeable guy, I like the way he breaks things down.

Emily Caplan has been around hockey for quite some time. She speaks well, I’ve seen her be a gust on Sportsnet’s Tim and Friends.

Oh, and Ferraro is my favourite colour commentator. I love his work at TSN.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Jesus, this game sucks.

I watched the third period. What I saw was the Rangers trying to play some cliché form of playoff hockey where they were trying to hit anything, and was completely ineffectual every time.  50% of the time they were missing their checks, 100% of the time the canes couldn’t care less and their much faster and more skillful team exited their defensive zone with ease. The Rangers now have one goal in two games against the faster more talented team. 

I’m sure someone’s going to show up and say they only need to hit more. 🙄 maybe the Rangers can call their buds from the Preds and ask them how to get it done.

Markstrom is awful, right? I mean, not particularly that goal/no goal, just in general. He looks pretty awful every time a puck flies near him. Oil just gotta shoot.

Haha, see! Told ya.

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

All I will say about that Calgary Edmonton game is it looked like it was going to be a good heated affair and then the refs decided to be the main story. Every year there's a few like that where the refs just ruin it. Hope it was just a one off. 

record player GIF

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

All I will say about that Calgary Edmonton game is it looked like it was going to be a good heated affair and then the refs decided to be the main story. Every year there's a few like that where the refs just ruin it. Hope it was just a one off. 

They didn't ruin it for me at all. I was highly entertained throughout but that's my opinion, can I ask where you thought the refs ruined the outcome of this game?

58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If so, doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

Every single game of every day boils down to one single comment: the losing team wasn’t physical enough. It’s beyond tedious. I’m sure his reply to this will be some anecdote from 1988.

15 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Whoa ! Guess I didn’t need lip reading 101 after all.

I'm just very happy that your post was the first unread and I was brought right here by that golden dot to the left of the thread title on the main board. 

No scrolling just ...

You da man, Bun!!

Yea !! Bun!!

@bunomatic rocks !!

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.