NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

It’s not. Not to mention rumor is Tkachuk is all about Tkachuk. Some like to ignore that. If that is in fact true… I want him nowhere near this current Sabres team. 

I didn't hear that about him, but he definitely comes off that way. He seems like a tough version of Eichel. Everything revolves around him. I'd still take him for the right price. Mitts, Oloffson and Joker maybe.

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Florida exhaled after their first round win

Tampa remembered that they are the reigning Cup champions in the series with the Leafs.  They just keep showing that they know how to win.  Tough loss for the Panthers though with the late goal.  Game 3 should be good.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Tampa is a dirty team, but, they are subtle enough in it that they get away with a lot. 

Still team to beat, they are very battle tested. 

Experience, they don’t panic.

They blocked a ton of shots this game and did the same thing in game 7 vs the Leafs. Even Stamkos blocked a few, it was a parade to the trainer’s room for a while.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Digger said:

Tampa remembered that they are the reigning Cup champions in the series with the Leafs.  They just keep showing that they know how to win.  Tough loss for the Panthers though with the late goal.  Game 3 should be good.

Knowing how to win is so important. That's why teams "pay their dues" for years before they advance.

Florida is gonna go bankrupt. 

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

What happened to COL, the looked like a completely different team last night. 

Also, I don't see FLA winning 4/6 after losing both on home ice. 

I don’t see them winning four out of six even if they give them the eighth game.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm really surprised Florida is down 2 games at home.  Obviously to many they were the class of the league this year along with Colorado...maybe at their 'peak' not being quite as good as the Avs, but more consistent than them.  Tampa just didn't look as good as they have in the past. Same team, but some key guys being a year older now, and Vasilevskiy not looking anywhere close to what he was the last couple years.

A very good but slightly older Tampa team with a goalie who all year was very-good-gut-not-great....vs a team that took them to the distance last year in the playoffs who is a bit younger and had a much better year......and even with that Tampa 'experience'....after a LONG 7 game series vs Toronto I expected Tampa in 5 or 6 in this series.  Very surprised so far.

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I thought the Florida series was going to be a war. they've had some serious dust ups in the past but Florida not playing physical at all. Afraid of taking penalties or just uninspired idk. Their PP has gone limp too. Samson not rising to the occasion. 

100% agree with this statement. Sure the Panthers are slick and have fast skaters but as we all know, the Playoffs are a physical grind and they are paying the price in this round. Florida needs a game three win or its bye-bye!

1 hour ago, Hawerchuk said:

100% agree with this statement. Sure the Panthers are slick and have fast skaters but as we all know, the Playoffs are a physical grind and they are paying the price in this round. Florida needs a game three win or its bye-bye!

I haven’t seen physicality over Florida be a factor at all. They’re just not scoring.

4 hours ago, SDS said:

I haven’t seen physicality over Florida be a factor at all. They’re just not scoring.

You need it to throw Tampa off their game (or at least make it harder for them). Tampa is playing experienced playoff style hockey and Florida is like "hey, that's mean, you're supposed to let me skate right through there." I'm being silly, but I think it makes the point. One team is playing playoff hockey, the other one is just being the same as they were in the regular season, and that doesn't work. 

51 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

My fear with Colorado is that they are a 1-truck pony that can’t adjust. The NHL show on SXM literally said that it seems Colorado the last two years have stumbled after any team has adjusted to their game. Meanwhile Colorado keeps going with the same strategy.

See my comment above on Florida. Basically same scenario. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.