NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

• SDS pinned this topic

Im not a big Western Conference guy, but I am so looking forward to the Oilers/Flames battle of Alberta. That should be one of the nastiest series to watch. Lot of heavy boys between those two teams. Kassian, Kane, Nurse, Lucic, Tkachuk, Ritchie, Dube to name a few. That first game is gonna be must watch TV.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Im not a big Western Conference guy, but I am so looking forward to the Oilers/Flames battle of Alberta. That should be one of the nastiest series to watch. Lot of heavy boys between those two teams. Kassian, Kane, Nurse, Lucic, Tkachuk, Ritchie, Dube to name a few. That first game is gonna be must watch TV.

Might deserve its own GDT or a series thread.

• Like (+1) 1

2022 NHL playoff schedule: Second Round – Eastern Conference

FLORIDA PANTHERS v. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Game 1 – May 17: Lightning at Panthers, 7 p.m. ET (TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 2 – May 19: Lightning at Panthers, 7 p.m. ET (TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 3 – May 22: Panthers at Lightning, 1:30 p.m. ET (ESPN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports)
Game 4 – May 23: Panthers at Lightning, 7 p.m. ET (TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)
*Game 5 – May 25: Lightning at Panthers, TBD
*Game 6 – May 27: Panthers at Lightning, TBD
*Game 7 – May 29: Lightning at Panthers, TBD

NEW YORK RANGERS v. CAROLINA HURRICANES
Game 1 – May 18: Rangers at Hurricanes, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVA Sports)
Game 2 – May 20: Rangers at Hurricanes, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVA Sports)
Game 3 – May 22: Hurricanes at Rangers, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPN, Sportsnet, SN360, TVA Sports)
Game 4 – May 24: Hurricanes at Rangers, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVA Sports)
*Game 5 – May 26: Rangers at Hurricanes, TBD
*Game 6 – May 28: Hurricanes at Rangers, TBD
*Game 7 – May 30: Rangers at Hurricanes, TBD

2022 NHL playoff schedule: Second Round – Western Conference

COLORADO AVALANCHE v. ST. LOUIS BLUES
Game 1 – May 17: Blues at Avalanche, 9:30 p.m. ET (TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 2 – May 19: Blues at Avalanche, 9:30 p.m. ET (TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 3 – May 21: Avalanche at Blues, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 4 – May 23: Avalanche at Blues, 9:30 p.m. ET (TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)
*Game 5 – May 25: Blues at Avalanche, TBD
*Game 6 – May 27: Avalanche at Blues, TBD
*Game 7 – May 29: Blues at Avalanche, TBD

CALGARY FLAMES v. EDMONTON OILERS
Game 1 – May 18: Oilers at Flames, 9:30 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports, ESPN)
Game 2 – May 20: Oilers at Flames, 10:30 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports, ESPN)
Game 3 – May 22: Flames at Oilers, 8 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports, ESPN2)
Game 4 – May 24: Flames at Oilers, 9:30 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports, ESPN)
*Game 5 – May 26: Oilers at Flames, TBD
*Game 6 – May 28: Flames at Oilers, TBD
*Game 7 – May 30: Oilers at Flames, TBD

• Thanks (+1) 3

I’m rooting for Tampa for a three-peat but would be ok with Florida, reluctantly Carolina despite their dumb post game routines because Rangers fans are arrogant, Calgary because I can’t stand that Edmonton got McDavid instead of Buffalo, and Colorado because I want to make sure a Canadian team doesn’t make the finals.

• Like (+1) 1

I used to watch every televised game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  About the same time that I got "male over 50 disease," I found that the late games were too late for me.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I’m rooting for Tampa for a three-peat but would be ok with Florida, reluctantly Carolina despite their dumb post game routines because Rangers fans are arrogant, Calgary because I can’t stand that Edmonton got McDavid instead of Buffalo, and Colorado because I want to make sure a Canadian team doesn’t make the finals.

Nailed it 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I don’t see Buffalo on that list.  ***** em all.

Also nailed it

• Haha (+1) 1

Just a couple random thoughts:

I like Calgary but is it wrong to still not want Canada to win the Cup? The 1993 drought continues. Haha is that wrong not wanting a Canadian team to win it? I'm just glad Toronto is OUT again.😁

I don't mind the Panthers, but I just can't bring myself to root for their first Cup ahead of the Sabres.

Tampa Bay? Yeah, thats a big NO!

The Cane's should take care of Da Raaaaanger's

I'm gonna root for Colorado. I like McKinnon a lot. Good solid team. GO AV's!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Just a couple random thoughts:

I like Calgary but is it wrong to still not want Canada to win the Cup? The 1993 drought continues. Haha is that wrong not wanting a Canadian team to win it? I'm just glad Toronto is OUT again.😁

I don't mind the Panthers, but I just can't bring myself to root for their first Cup ahead of the Sabres.

Tampa Bay? Yeah, thats a big NO!

The Cane's should take care of Da Raaaaanger's

I'm gonna root for Colorado. I like McKinnon a lot. Good solid team. GO AV's!

I’m Canadian but I don’t root for Canadian teams at all costs during the playoffs. My favourite Canadian team is Winnipeg, but they are not in the mix.

Colorado is my go to among all remaining teams. I liked Sakic/Forsberg back in the day and my favourite forward to watch in the NHL is MacKinnon.

Calgary is my next choice, love Sutter’s quotes.

I wouldn’t be too upset seeing Reinhart lift the Cup.

The only guy I like on the Rangers is Goodrow (played junior here) and he is out.

Tampa 3 in a row would be an accomplishment for the ages in this era.

I don’t mind Aho, Jarvis and Svechnikov but I still have a grudge against these guys for their previous Cup.

McJesus deserves a Cup at some point but I don’t like the rest of the team.

Blues got their Cup already, let’s move on.

• Like (+1) 3

Some good matchups I guess, but not as exciting as I wanted it to be.

I'm not a fan of the Bruins or Caps, but I think the playoffs are better when the Bruins or Ovechkin gets past the first round.

I wanted the Leafts to lose, but Tampa doesn't interest me at all anymore.

Same with the Blues, they are a very good team obviously, but something about them makes me not have any interest in watching their games.

Oilers Flames should be the best series, hope it lives up to the hype.

You guys are doing this wrong.

Colorado used to employ Patrick Roy. ***** them.

StL lengthened our misery with the ROR trade.  ***** them

Florida is in, well, Florida.  No Florida team should ever hoist a cup.  ***** them.

Tampa- visions of Dahlin on the ice and bloodied.  Oh, and the Florida thing.  ***** them.

Rangers.  Chris Drury and his overvalued prospects.  ***** him and them.

Carolina.  That cup was ours you pieces of *****.  ***** you.

Calgary. however you spell Tkachuk and Lucic.  ***** them.  Especially ***** Looch you ugly gorilla.

Edmonton.  ***** those McDavid stealing hosers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Weave said:

You guys are doing this wrong.

Colorado used to employ Patrick Roy. ***** them.

StL lengthened our misery with the ROR trade.  ***** them

Florida is in, well, Florida.  No Florida team should ever hoist a cup.  ***** them.

Tampa- visions of Dahlin on the ice and bloodied.  Oh, and the Florida thing.  ***** them.

Rangers.  Chris Drury and his overvalued prospects.  ***** him and them.

Carolina.  That cup was ours you pieces of *****.  ***** you.

Calgary. however you spell Tkachuk and Lucic.  ***** them.  Especially ***** Looch you ugly gorilla.

Edmonton.  ***** those McDavid stealing hosers.

Hosers is a little strong bro. Calm down.

😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.