VGK fires DeBoer

PromoTheRobot

I'm wondering at this point if Vegas considers Eichel their 'franchise' player, so much so that he will be 'consulted' or at least 'kept in the loop' regarding any coaching changes? Or if they are going to basically do what they do and have him deal with it.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Sure, the coach is the problem.

DeBoer isn't great and he was a jerk about Lehner's injuries, but the GM and owner are the real problems there.

• Like (+1) 1

Serious question:  is there any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, that Eichel is NOT a destructive, toxic presence?

I know a number of his former teammates have spoken in support of him, but I kinda think they're just following the rules, and there are also plenty of his former teammates who have spoken negatively about him.

Has he ever been part of a positive team situation?  For his 1 year at BU, he led the team in scoring as a freshman and they made it to the NCAA title game, so presumably that was a great season.  Does anyone know whether that was regarded as a close-knit team?

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Dude. Posted 30 minutes ago.

He put Eichel's face on it though -- so he improved the meme.

• Like (+1) 6

23 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Serious question:  is there any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, that Eichel is NOT a destructive, toxic presence?

In my opinion I think it should be obvious that ROR probably went to ownership and said "get me the f... out of here...I cannot, I will not play with this guy.  Can't happen."

ROR Instantly wins a SC.  They're moving on again this season.  He hasn't seemed to wear out his welcome.

Eichel Instantly leads team to first non playoff season and coach firing.  

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Second Line Center said:

In my opinion I think it should be obvious that ROR probably went to ownership and said "get me the f... out of here...I cannot, I will not play with this guy.  Can't happen."

ROR Instantly wins a SC.  They're moving on again this season.  

Eichel Instantly leads team to first non playoff season and coach firing.  

Team ROR. His first couple years here he was really trying to establish a work ethic and practice habits with the younger guys. 

Good players don't always work out for a team. 

He wanted out so he got out and I don't know that the team was ever better for it. 

TNT is now Dynamite so I'm not talking about his role in that trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.