Playoff GDT 5/15/22 - Rochester vs Utica

Andrew Amerk

If it is 3-3 going into OT against the Amerks just walk away. Every win has been 4-3 in OT.

I felt bad for Quinn on that tying goal. Glad to see the Amerks picked him up. He needs a goal to get him going.

JJ, R2 and Krebs are driving the bus so far these playoffs. So great to see.

• Like (+1) 4

R2 might be one of those players who’s great in the AHL but can’t make it in the NHL. He deserves a shot though and hope he doesn’t hit back to Finland - he has to be better than the Eakins on the team and maybe and asplund type with scoring ability??

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

R2 might be one of those players who’s great in the AHL but can’t make it in the NHL. He deserves a shot though and hope he doesn’t hit back to Finland - he has to be better than the Eakins on the team and maybe and asplund type with scoring ability??

He might need to reinvent his game for the NHL.  He might be more of a scorer in the AHL, but he needs to work on his defence and be more of a checker with a bit of a scoring touch in the NHL.

28 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I’m going to be very nervous Tuesday. I just hope they bring their A game, as Utica will be desperate. Will Davidson and Samuelsson be ready to go?

You? Nervous? I don’t believe that for a second. 😄 Hang tough, PastaJoe. You got this.

I like our chances on Tuesday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ogre said:

F3420468-4A7C-46ED-AD79-B89B70F33B2F.thumb.jpeg.792b94b729d949057d51cd20d58d8dd9.jpeg
That upper section behind the net never has anyone sitting there. That sight was very disorienting to me for the entire first period. 
So friggin loud in there!

Great shot of the crowd. That picture of a filled arena with a boisterous crowd gives me hope that if Buffalo can be a serious team next year the crowds will return in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

What a great game to experience. I can’t remember the last time I saw BCA sold out for a game. 

Was cool to chat with veterans like Metcalfe, Hoffard, and Langdon before the game. 

Refs were almost as terrible as they were at the Belleville game last week. 

Amerks played hard in the 3rd, and I saw a few Comets rolling their eyes with exhaustion after whistles. Nice to see the boys throwing the body around - even saw Quinn and Rooster throw checks. Pretty sure the corner section I was in heckled Russo bad enough to throw him off his game at the end of the 3rd. 

Fans were awesome, and the building was LOUD. Cant wait for Tuesday! 

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Peterka’s pass here was a butt hole puckering kinda look.  It was next level, NHL, elite.  

Fantastic pass and the 0:40 second of the video freezes leaving those two forever waiting to connect their high five.

Tales of R2's departure were premature. Whatever parts or gears were necessary for the playoffs were given to him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

If it is 3-3 going into OT against the Amerks just walk away. Every win has been 4-3 in OT.

I felt bad for Quinn on that tying goal. Glad to see the Amerks picked him up. He needs a goal to get him going.

JJ, R2 and Krebs are driving the bus so far these playoffs. So great to see.

R2 should get another chance next year.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That krebs pass in OT was nice too, through traffic right on the stick.

Krebs bright light getting lost in the brilliance of JJ. Just like JJs often was to Quinn in the regular season.

Those Krebs passes to nowhere have all but disappeared and he’s got a few absolutely elite assists, including the one on the winner tonight. He’s leading the playoffs in assists with 8 in 5 games. He’s also been sticking his nose into every dirty area he can find. I’m loving his game.

Meanwhile, Peterka (4/4/8) is lighting up the best team in the AHL with skill while the refs have put away their whistles. He can’t not be in the NHL next year.

Add in Rooster’s playoff leading 6 goals (3 helpers) and Amerks are 2-3-4 atop the AHL scoring chart 

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

By the way, if that hit on Mersch had been, say, Sergachev on Marner, the hockey internet would have melted down tonight.

Only saw the live angle, but it sure looked like a blatant intentional blindside to the head, about as predatory as it gets.

There is no way that’s not a suspension in the NHL. Brutal.

These Comets are punks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.