Playoff GDT 5/14/22 - Rochester @ Utica

inkman

6 hours ago, WildCard said:

Not a knock against this but I'm honestly not. Peterka just seems like that guy

Sample size of 1 but….

My only viewing of Peterka was a late season game with Taro and Inky.  Peterka looked alot like Afinogenov, and not in a good way.  Lots of speed with the puck. Lots of skating into defenders with no way out.  He’s obviously talented.  But he didn’t impress as a real difference maker.  It soured me on him.  Hopefully I just saw a bad game.

Quinn, on the other hand looked poised and dangerous.  But in the 3rd period he was also pretty much negated.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.  JJ seems to be making the most of the opportunity now.  If he sticks im October and Quinn doesn’t, it will be because JJ earned it.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My guess is Utica and Belleville are doing everything possible to take Quinn away and force someone else to beat them.  So far R2 and JJP are stepping up.

Yeah Appert and Hamilton said as much.  They are blanketing Quinn.  He’s gotta fight through it. 

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

AJ Greer yaps and pokes in every scrum and has directly taunted the Rochester bench every time he’s scored. 

He’s like a minor-league caricature out there. 

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Sample size of 1 but….

My only viewing of Peterka was a late season game with Taro and Inky.  Peterka looked alot like Afinogenov, and not in a good way.  Lots of speed with the puck. Lots of skating into defenders with no way out.  He’s obviously talented.  But he didn’t impress as a real difference maker.  It soured me on him.  Hopefully I just saw a bad game.

Quinn, on the other hand looked poised and dangerous.  But in the 3rd period he was also pretty much negated.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.  JJ seems to be making the most of the opportunity now.  If he sticks im October and Quinn doesn’t, it will be because JJ earned it.

I think you got the wrong first impression.

I’ve watched Peterka 20-30 games minimum. He’s got Max’s skating stance and speed. But his game in general is nothing like 61. He’s a pretty smart hockey player who uses his linemates.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My guess is Utica and Belleville are doing everything possible to take Quinn away and force someone else to beat them.  So far R2 and JJP are stepping up.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Yeah Appert and Hamilton said as much.  They are blanketing Quinn.  He’s gotta fight through it. 

Yes. He’s being challenged like never before and he hasn’t figured out a way to fight through it yet.

Don’t think he’s been “bad” but he hasn’t been good either. Stat sheet says he’s getting shots but it doesn’t feel like he’s the threat to score he’s been for most of the season.

Edited by dudacek

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Who has Quinn been paired with most of the time? I noticed Biro with Krebs and JJ a lot in the little clips I’ve seen. If UTI is making it a point to defend Quinn, is it possible that’s why JJ and Krebs are being so productive? I did notice that Quinn was on the ice with Krebs and JJ for the game winner and picked up an apple on the goal. 

Anyway, I think Quinn will be heard from before all is said and done. 

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Who has Quinn been paired with most of the time? I noticed Biro with Krebs and JJ a lot in the little clips I’ve seen. If UTI is making it a point to defend Quinn, is it possible that’s why JJ and Krebs are being so productive? I did notice that Quinn was on the ice with Krebs and JJ for the game winner and picked up an apple on the goal. 

Anyway, I think Quinn will be heard from before all is said and done. 

Last night Quinn took a regular shift with Mersch and Malone and got a lot of extra shifts with McInnis and Rousek.

Two of the 3 previous games it was a regular shift with Krebs and Peterka and extra shifts with Biro and Rousek.

One of the Belleville games his primary line was Jankowski and Peterka.

He’s been getting lots of ice time. The Amerks have had very little PP time the entire playoffs, which may be a significant factor. Not that he needs the PP to produce, just that it might help.

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Billssabres33 said:

Watching these highlights it looks like Quinn was in and around the plays…maybe a breakthrough coming?

Was thinking the same, but didn't see the entire game,   was good to see they played Krebs, Quinn and Peterka to start overtime together.

Edited by Huckleberry

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.