10 Dead in Shooting at a Buffalo Tops

GASabresIUFAN

Heard from a relative of one of the first cops to reach the scene at Tops and what he described is beyond horrific. Said he will need lots of time and therapy as a result of what he came upon when entering the store. Perhaps some of these hand sitters that insist on doing nothing should be made to see what brain matter oozing from blown out eye sockets actually looks like.

Abbott and Cruz should be taken to the scene of dead children that can’t be identified facially and forced to look at the carnage. Texas politicians, who made it possible for anyone 18 or older to walk into a store, purchase a semi automatic assault rifle, multiple 30 round clips and then openly carry these weapons without a license, have blood on their hands. Every F ing one of them who voted in favor of this insane policy. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hank said:

This may be the dumbest thing you've ever said. 

Because you're in the military. Why don't we honor teachers the same way? They get killed in the line of duty as well?

You know what my father who served in active and reserves for 20 years taught me, he didn't do it so others would thank him for his service. He did it to serve and he doesn't want praise. Guess you think he's dumb too. 

14 minutes ago, Hank said:

I agree. Leagues have to take advantage of every revenue stream, and they get too many tax dollars for them to not do this.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hank said:

Also, thxs for deliberately taking my point out of context because you were hurt. Those kids who were shot while cops sat outside can't be hurt anymore, because they're dead. 

I find it beyond ironic that Abbott is gonna speak at the NRA convention in Houston and it’s NO GUNS ALLOWED. One would think they’d be celebrating the very freedom that he signed into law. 

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I agree. Leagues have to take advantage of every revenue stream, and they get too many tax dollars for them to not do this.

You mean that the salute to military month, all the camo gear, fly overs, and patriotic fervor isn’t a genuine organic event put forth by the NFL? I’m stunned at this revelation. Stunned I tell you. 

36 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I find it beyond ironic that Abbott is gonna speak at the NRA convention in Houston and it’s NO GUNS ALLOWED. One would think they’d be celebrating the very freedom that he signed into law. 

It’s such a bad look to even consider having that convention.  IIRC they had a convention scheduled shortly after Sandy Hook and they recognized the optics of it and postponed the convention.  Now, it’s so in-your-face that they likely consider it a sign of weakness to cancel.

When Sandy Hook happened I was in 2 shooting leagues.  One of the leagues shot the day after the Sandy Hook shooting.  I felt just…… wrong…. getting out of my car with 2 gun cases to shoot in a local club match the day after all those kids were killed.  The conversation inside was all about how they can’t let this destroy our rights.  

I lasted 2 more weeks and quit both leagues.  I don’t know how anyone could go to that convention and sleep at night.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

It’s such a bad look to even consider having that convention.  IIRC they had a convention scheduled shortly after Sandy Hook and they recognized the optics of it and postponed the convention.  Now, it’s so in-your-face that they likely consider it a sign of weakness to cancel.

When Sandy Hook happened I was in 2 shooting leagues.  One of the leagues shot the day after the Sandy Hook shooting.  I felt just…… wrong…. getting out of my car with 2 gun cases to shoot in a local club match the day after all those kids were killed.  The conversation inside was all about how they can’t let this destroy our rights.  

I lasted 2 more weeks and quit both leagues.  I don’t know how anyone could go to that convention and sleep at night.

I imagine these horrific events can be even more sobering for some gun owners. It speaks well of you that you can examine your conscience on these matters when so many immediately get defensive and shut down.

Regarding the conversation about letting this destroy our rights, it’s a common bull crap canard thrown out by many in the aftermath of these events. Simple truth is, common sense gun laws would do absolutely nothing to threaten 2A rights. Nothing in the least. But 2A has become so bastardized, especially over the last 20 years, and so many politicians bought and paid for by certain lobbying efforts, that people don’t even consider what they’re saying on the matter. 

6 hours ago, Weave said:

The idea is to sunset these things.  It defeats the purpose.

Why wouldn't it; if the person isn't interested then he just doesn't get a permit and perhaps they can sell the guns. 

In the end, if I were to ever want a gun; it wouldn't even need to work but have historical value. But had my grandfather had an old WWII trophy gun that still worked; I'd want the ability to keep that.

The NRA really doesn't need to exist in the way it does now; they are far too determined to protect their own revenue to honestly function as a legitimate source of gun advocacy and teaching 

15 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Why wouldn't it; if the person isn't interested then he just doesn't get a permit and perhaps they can sell the guns. 

In the end, if I were to ever want a gun; it wouldn't even need to work but have historical value. But had my grandfather had an old WWII trophy gun that still worked; I'd want the ability to keep that.

The NRA really doesn't need to exist in the way it does now; they are far too determined to protect their own revenue to honestly function as a legitimate source of gun advocacy and teaching 

Ok, I am referring to sunsetting ownership of assault rifles.  You appear to be talking about something else, maybe a more general gun ownership?  If so, yes mandatory recorded transfer, background check, secure storage for general gun ownership.  You can have Grampas gun.

Re: the NRA, I came to that conclusion around 2000 and stopped giving them my money.  The NRA of my youth taught marksmanship, worked with the NSSF, promoted and developed safety instruction programs.  Today they just yell “they are coming for your guns”.  The problem is, they’ve been yelling that since at least 1985 when I joined.  Nearly 40 years of yelling “they are coming for your guns” and noone yet has come for your guns.  And they still have millions of members.  🤦‍♂️

Edited by Weave

Ahh my memory was off.  It was the Columbine shooting that took place just before the NRA convention, not Sandy Hook.

***** ridiculous that there are enough school shootings that I can’t keep them straight.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

Ahh my memory was off.  It was the Columbine shooting that took place just before the NRA convention, not Sandy Hook.

***** ridiculous that there are enough school shootings that I can’t keep them straight.

That's okay, Texas has the solution. 

Just casually calling for a Christian theocracy, instead of actually doing something about 19 children being murdered. I'm going to teach my kids this is what a broken moral compass looks like. 

Edited by LGR4GM

13 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Ban assault weapons for civilians.  Their purpose is to pile up bodies.  There's no need for them outside of military or law enforcement.  

I don’t even like them for law enforcement.  Policing has different goals and problems than military. Police and military shouldn’t be using the same tactics, and don’t need the same tools.  I’ll grudgingly accept police need them until they are completely out of civilian hands.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t even like them for law enforcement.  Policing has different goals and problems than military. Police and military shouldn’t be using the same tactics, and don’t need the same tools.  I’ll grudgingly accept police need them until they are completely out of civilian hands.

^This. Police departments need to look like the communities they serve, not like an invading army. That said, they also need to police on an even playing field and unfortunately, with the unlimited proliferation of easily obtainable semi automatic assault weapons in this country, they might need these weapons just to have the best chance.

This is the mentality we are dealing with when it comes to the manufacture and marketing of semi-automatic assault rifles. This is a Twitter ad from Daniel Defense, the company that made the rifle used by the killer in Texas. Un F ing believable. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/maker-gun-used-uvalde-shooting-long-known-incendiary-ads-rcna30631

On 5/26/2022 at 4:26 AM, Weave said:

I think laws regarding storage for control of access is a must, with penalties for failure to control equivalent to accessory to murder. Yes junior, that means if you wanna own a gun you also need to own and use a safe.

I think we need to mandate ALL transactions, even between family members, need to go through a licensed dealer and an FBI check performed.

I think we need to eliminate the sale and transfer of magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

I think the 1993 assault weapons ban needs to be re-implemented grandfathering in current privately owned firearms and owners. As the current owners sunset, so does ownership of these weapons.

I think GOP needs to allow a director of the ATF to be appointed.

I think the ATF needs to create a firearm ownership transfer database that manufactures, distributors, wholesalers, dealers MUST use when processing transactions.  This is so the ownership chain of a firearm used in a crime can be readily established.  It would also pinpoint where in the chain guns leak out into the black market. (I am not aware of this being required currently. It was not evident to me that firearm info was entered into a database the last time I bought a firearm last year)

And I think the ATF should have a robust and properly funded audit team ensuring that database compliance is 100%.

First Paragraph

-Agreed but I think a gun cabinet is acceptable. Steel with a strong lock or combo.

Second Paragraph

-Agreed.

Third Paragraph

-Disagree.

Fourth Paragraph

-I hear the term assault weapon but it’s not really a category. To agree or disagree I would need to see a list of proposed weapons by actual nomenclature/variant. I’m guessing people mean AR and AK families of weapons.

Fifth Paragraph

-Agreed. Not sure why there wouldn’t be a director of any organization.

Sixth Paragraph

-Agreed. I have to think there is a database. We have to register cars with proof of proper documentation. So yeah.

Seventh Paragraph

-Agreed. A dedicated analyst section would do the trick and creates a few jobs.