Sabres Announce They Signed 2021 Second Round Pick Kisakov to an ELC

Brawndo

17 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I seem to remember him talking about a prospect, maybe Kisakov, maybe not, and he said he looked at not only the father but the uncle (mother's side I think) as well.  And they were both pretty big so the thought was that the prospect he was talking about could still grow more.

I would be surprised if Adams personally did any of this. I would also be surprised if some member of the scouting staff didn’t.

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk. I have mixed feelings and won't decide on whether or not I like this guy until I find out if he likes Putin or not. 

Just as long as they don't give him Dave Andreychuk's old number I guess it'll be okay. 

Pretty easy to find out though, those that don't like him are silent and know to keep their mouth shut.  Or give the typical answer I don't know anything about politics.

Those that support him come out with the Z sign.

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk. I have mixed feelings and won't decide on whether or not I like this guy until I find out if he likes Putin or not. 

Just as long as they don't give him Dave Andreychuk's old number I guess it'll be okay. 

52? 

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

I would be surprised if Adams personally did any of this. I would also be surprised if some member of the scouting staff didn’t.

I seem to remember Adams talking about it.  But did he do the actual checking?  Of course not... that's what scouting is for.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Pretty easy to find out though, those that don't like him are silent and know to keep their mouth shut.  Or give the typical answer I don't know anything about politics.

Those that support him come out with the Z sign.

I'm not sure that's true entirely. There's been some pretty evasive answers that could be quiet support. Hard to tell if it's out of fear or just not wanting any blow back here in North America. Hockey playing kid though, probably politically oblivious. 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

52? 

Good point. Two numbers I guess 🙂

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I seem to remember Adams talking about it.  But did he do the actual checking?  Of course not... that's what scouting is for.

I seem to remember US talking about it.  I’m not sure Adams ever said a thing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not sure that's true entirely. There's been some pretty evasive answers that could be quiet support. Hard to tell if it's out of fear or just not wanting any blow back here in North America. Hockey playing kid though, probably politically oblivious. 

Good point. Two numbers I guess 🙂

Would you go into a leadership that just shipped 50000 Ukrainians to Siberia just because they can ? I really believe the discontent is growing in Russia, but it will take time.   We are talking about 80 years of indoctrination.   

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

If he keeps it. Do you know, does he want 25? He wore 22 at Michigan. 

Power wore 22, but always wore 25 for Canada.

Jack Quinn also always wore 22 and wore it for the Sabres first.

My guess is that 25 is Power’s 2nd choice and he keeps it. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Interestingly Adams mentioned during His Interview with Paul Hamilton that Kisakov reached out to the Sabres about signing with Buffalo. He is going to try to be here from Dev Camp, but should definitely be here for TC

Sounds like he wanted to bet over to NA ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/14/2022 at 3:48 PM, Weave said:

I seem to remember US talking about it.  I’m not sure Adams ever said a thing.

I remember talking about it with at least Liger. Kisakov lead to a discussion if part of a scout's job description included interviewing other family members and reporting back their findings as to assumed heights and weights to help judge future growth of an 18 year old.

It was agreed that was a part of their job.

Edited by woods-racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.