Sabres Announce They Signed 2021 Second Round Pick Kisakov to an ELC

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

I get it that it’s one of the more common things that prospects need to do, but (1) 5’10” is exceptionally thin for the NHL, and (2) it does take real work and effort for many people.  Yes, people put on weight as they age, but some people have a heck of a time putting on any mass until their late 20’s or 30’s.

This guy needs to add a lot of mass in the next couple years.  There is a certain urgency to it.

At the same time, with dedicated nutritionists I’m sure he will be fine.

People talk about things here every single day that I have no interest in discussing.  No need to engage.

Normally agreed but blantant misinfo gets under my grill... signed A Grumpy Old Man

7 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Normally agreed but blantant misinfo gets under my grill... signed A Grumpy Old Man

Misinformation?

I said he needs to put on weight. I never said he can't or won't.

There's what, 800 players in the NHL and maybe 30 of them under 180 pounds?

None of them are 150.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I get it that it’s one of the more common things that prospects need to do, but (1) 5’10” is exceptionally thin for the NHL, and (2) it does take real work and effort for many people.  Yes, people put on weight as they age, but some people have a heck of a time putting on any mass until their late 20’s or 30’s.

This guy needs to add a lot of mass in the next couple years.  There is a certain urgency to it.

At the same time, with dedicated nutritionists I’m sure he will be fine.

People talk about things here every single day that I have no interest in discussing.  No need to engage.

I assume you know that was 68% tongue in cheek.  32%, little guys need to work harder than big guys to lose the little guy disadvantage.

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

Misinformation?

I said he needs to put on weight. I never said he can't or won't.

There's what, 800 players in the NHL and maybe 30 of them under 180 pounds?

None of them are 150.

Because they put on weight... get him to Rochester and he will gain weight... Billet him with an Eastern Euro family with a strong Matriarch

16 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Some of you are too obsessed with the weight ..

anyone remember how big Johnny  Hockey was his rookie year?

The same weight you guys are  Worried about

Sometimes I have to read your posts several times to unravel the message.   

30 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Because they put on weight... get him to Rochester and he will gain weight... Billet him with an Eastern Euro family with a strong Matriarch

I think Ventura and his analytics department are tracking that stuff now. 

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Sometimes I have to read your posts several times to unravel the message.   

I think Ventura and his analytics department are tracking that stuff now. 

Lol Never forget a Friend's Mom in my 20s when Id go over to his families house... first thing that she would say is you are too skinny sit down and let me feed you.  Hungry or not I would get fed a 3 course meal... Steve would shrug and say just accept it... you cant argue with her.

• Like (+1) 4

On 5/11/2022 at 9:02 PM, Curt said:

If anyone is interested in highlights of Kisakov from this past season.

Looks reasonably speedy.  I can see him playing a role like Hinostroza.  He also seems to have a knack for finding the calm spaces in the offensive zone to get a clean shot.  We'll see how that translates in North America.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/11/2022 at 10:54 PM, dudacek said:

The dude was (is?) 150 pounds.

It might be too obvious, but it’s hardly irrelevant.

1. I quote DieBytheBlade: "What to know: 18 year old winger, 5’10” & 174 lbs."  

2 Didn't Kevyn Adams say that they looked at his parents to get some idea of his growth potential?  Didn't they say that they expected Kisakov to be able to get big enough? A quick search didn't reveal a text version of these statements however.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, etiennep99 said:

1. I quote DieBytheBlade: "What to know: 18 year old winger, 5’10” & 174 lbs."  

2 Didn't Kevyn Adams say that they looked at his parents to get some idea of his growth potential?  Didn't they say that they expected Kisakov to be able to get big enough? A quick search didn't reveal a text version of these statements however.

1. I wouldn’t trust DBTB over other sources for information like this.  They probably just messed up the weight one time in a rush to get the story posted right after he was drafted. In August they listed him as 5’10” 150.

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2021/8/31/22649495/buffalo-sabres-top-25-under-25-22-aleksandr-kisakov-nhl-prospects

2. I don’t recall Adams staying that stuff, but he may have.

4 hours ago, Curt said:

1. I wouldn’t trust DBTB over other sources for information like this.  They probably just messed up the weight one time in a rush to get the story posted right after he was drafted. In August they listed him as 5’10” 150.

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2021/8/31/22649495/buffalo-sabres-top-25-under-25-22-aleksandr-kisakov-nhl-prospects

2. I don’t recall Adams staying that stuff, but he may have.

I seem to remember him talking about a prospect, maybe Kisakov, maybe not, and he said he looked at not only the father but the uncle (mother's side I think) as well.  And they were both pretty big so the thought was that the prospect he was talking about could still grow more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.