Sabres Announce They Signed 2021 Second Round Pick Kisakov to an ELC

Brawndo

“I hope he bulks up” has got to be the most overused comment when talking about prospects. And 9 out of 10 prospects “bulk up” over the course of 2-3 seasons. For me it’s like what’s the point, why even say that… Because most likely it’s going to happen anyway. That’s just me …

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

“I hope he bulks up” has got to be the most overused comment when talking about prospects. And 9 out of 10 prospects “bulk up” over the course of 2-3 seasons. For me it’s like what’s the point, why even say that… Because most likely it’s going to happen anyway. That’s just me …

The dude was (is?) 150 pounds.

It might be too obvious, but it’s hardly irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m certainly not saying it isn’t relevant. I was just giving my opinion about people saying that sentiment in regards to almost all prospects 😂

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

Kids need to fill out. Drafting 16 year olds will lead to this. I was 120 pounds soaking wet at 16.  I graduated college at 190.  

10 hours ago, Zamboni said:

The weight and height of a 18-19 year old gives some clue into the future size, but there are late bloomers that fill out a lot more in their early 20’s.  

Some players have a larger more muscular frame and carry more weight at 5’10”.  At 150 it is safe to say he has a slight build but he still could be strong and he is likely going to play at 175.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Kids need to fill out. Drafting 16 year olds will lead to this. I was 120 pounds soaking wet at 16.  I graduated college at 190.  

16?  Exaggerating for dramatic effect?  He was 18 when drafted, 19 now.

9 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

He’s signed in the SHL through next season.

Thanks for that, I never know where to find info on the international players as far as when they can become eligible for Rochester.

Also not sure why people are going crazy over his weight, Johnny Gaudreau is 5'9" 150 lbs., If he's anything like that dude I'm good with that. 😎

Edited by GoPuckYourself

3 hours ago, inkman said:

At age 19 i was 5'7 140 lbs and ate pizza and cheeseburgers every day.  I could've eaten til it hurt and it wouldn't have mattered. 

Get him with a nutritionist - and get him on a workout plan.  He'll be fine.  Its the hockey part that we should worry about. 

18 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Did we? Lazar sure would of been better than Hayden in the line up, but whatever 

Yeah.  Curtis Lazar would've really put this team over the top.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

The weight and height of a 18-19 year old gives some clue into the future size, but there are late bloomers that fill out a lot more in their early 20’s.  

Some players have a larger more muscular frame and carry more weight at 5’10”.  At 150 it is safe to say he has a slight build but he still could be strong and he is likely going to play at 175.  

I couldn’t even bulk up until well into my 30s. Wright just didn’t stay on. So, agreed, frame matters a lot. Of course, I wasn’t signed to a professional sports team where it would’ve been my job to gain weight. Maybe I could’ve done it, but I still don’t have a large frame. That genetic. 

1 hour ago, Drag0nDan said:

At age 19 i was 5'7 140 lbs and ate pizza and cheeseburgers every day.  I could've eaten til it hurt and it wouldn't have mattered. 

Get him with a nutritionist - and get him on a workout plan.  He'll be fine.  Its the hockey part that we should worry about. 

Yeah.  Curtis Lazar would've really put this team over the top.  

Exactly! Cost us a trip to the finals at least 

14 hours ago, dudacek said:

Sorry I disagree.. He will put on weight.  I graduated HS 5'10" 160 grew 4 inches afterwards but didnt hit 180 til 30 now 205.  I worked as a bicycle courier in college, ate 5 meals a day and a pint of Hagen Daz and couldnt put on weight.  With today's training and diets Im sure if the Sabres can do it... but we have this same tired discussion everytime an 18 or 19 year old in the organization is skinny... whatever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You guys blew “he’ll need to put on some weight” way out of proportion.  I’m pretty sure 94.2% of the posters here are old enough to have seen filling out going hand in hand with aging a few years, and recognize this happens 84.7% of the time.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

You guys blew “he’ll need to put on some weight” way out of proportion.  I’m pretty sure 94.2% of the posters here are old enough to have seen filling out going hand in hand with aging a few years, and recognize this happens 84.7% of the time.

I get it that it’s one of the more common things that prospects need to do, but (1) 5’10” is exceptionally thin for the NHL, and (2) it does take real work and effort for many people.  Yes, people put on weight as they age, but some people have a heck of a time putting on any mass until their late 20’s or 30’s.

This guy needs to add a lot of mass in the next couple years.  There is a certain urgency to it.

At the same time, with dedicated nutritionists I’m sure he will be fine.

47 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Sorry I disagree.. He will put on weight.  I graduated HS 5'10" 160 grew 4 inches afterwards but didnt hit 180 til 30 now 205.  I worked as a bicycle courier in college, ate 5 meals a day and a pint of Hagen Daz and couldnt put on weight.  With today's training and diets Im sure if the Sabres can do it... but we have this same tired discussion everytime an 18 or 19 year old in the organization is skinny... whatever.

People talk about things here every single day that I have no interest in discussing.  No need to engage.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.