22-23 opening day line up

sweetlou

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

In contrast Seattle lacks the forward depth Buffalo has. 

I think you are forgetting they added Berekovsky and Bjorkstrand. 

LWCRW

Jaden SchwartzMatty BeniersJordan Eberle

Oliver BjorkstrandShane WrightAndré Burakovsky

Jared McCann Yanni GourdeBrandon Tanev

Ryan DonatoAlexander WennbergMorgan Geekie

Joonas Donskoi

How is that thinner than the Sabres?

On 10/12/2022 at 12:20 AM, dudacek said:

Highly unlikely we would have been last year. I’m not sure Hasek could have bridged the necessary 25-point gap.

Perhaps we should let this season play out before deciding whether overpaying for a Campbell or a Husso or a Vanecek instead of Comrie was actually a deal-breaker?

Intentionally or not, the bold always comes across as disingenuous, like there was obviously a Vezina winning Ryan Miller there for the taking, if only we were willing to pay the price.

The Sabres went 17-12-2 behind an over the hill 40 year old goaltender last season.  How would have done with just league average goaltending or even better, Ullmark level goaltending?  Playoffs.  You pointed out previously that we played at a playoff level when Ullmark was in net and last season when any of our goaltenders stopped 9/10 of the shots they faced we won consistently.  How is it then disingenuous to say had management invested in real goaltending then may have been a playoff contender already when the stats support that assertion?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think you are forgetting they added Berekovsky and Bjorkstrand. 

LWCRW

Jaden SchwartzMatty BeniersJordan Eberle

Oliver BjorkstrandShane WrightAndré Burakovsky

Jared McCann Yanni GourdeBrandon Tanev

Ryan DonatoAlexander WennbergMorgan Geekie

Joonas Donskoi

How is that thinner than the Sabres?

That's thinner than the Sabres. You have 2 rookies in their top 6 and yea we can say what about Quinn but Quinn is 21 now, not 18 and 19. 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

That's thinner than the Sabres. You have 2 rookies in their top 6 and yea we can say what about Quinn but Quinn is 21 now, not 18 and 19. 

Well you can say that, but I'd disagree. Quinn still has to prove his value. Beniers had 19:55 in ice time a goal and an assist. The new wingers also both scored. Their problem was in net. 

McTavish also with 2 points last night. There will be some stiff Calder competition for Power (or Quinn).

53 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well you can say that, but I'd disagree. Quinn still has to prove his value. Beniers had 19:55 in ice time a goal and an assist. The new wingers also both scored. Their problem was in net. 

McTavish also with 2 points last night. There will be some stiff Calder competition for Power (or Quinn).

McTavish is a horse.

• Agree 1

On 10/13/2022 at 1:55 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Or one John-Jason Peterka. 

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Or one John-Jason Peterka. 

I don't think he's up there with Beniers etc. at this point but he certainly has played better than I expected this early in. I wouldn't be surprised if he still had some ups and downs this year but I don't see him going back to Rochester, that's for sure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.