22-23 opening day line up

sweetlou

22 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Anderson will spend some time injured.  Comrie will live up to starter aspirations.  Dark horse Malcolm Subban will put up surprisingly good numbers.  Sabres goaltending finishes #8 in the league and the Sabres have the 2nd best goal differential.

There is only one part of this post that is believable, and that is the 1st sentence.   😂

Happy Hour a little bit early today? 🍻

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Anderson will spend some time injured.  Comrie will live up to starter aspirations.  Dark horse Malcolm Subban will put up surprisingly good numbers.  Sabres goaltending finishes #8 in the league and the Sabres have the 2nd best goal differential.

Do you remember an old song by Supertramp called "Dreamer"?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Someone who will not be in Buffalo's opening line up: Casey Nelson.

Annual reminder to ESPN: Casey Nelson is not on the Sabres roster. https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/roster/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

That looks a lot like last year's roster with the addition of a few and no deletions.  Eakin is still listed as a Sabre.

ESPN is a joke.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2022 at 8:04 AM, DarthEbriate said:

Someone who will not be in Buffalo's opening line up: Casey Nelson.

Annual reminder to ESPN: Casey Nelson is not on the Sabres roster. https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/roster/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

Ha-hey!

Casey Nelson is no longer on ESPN's Sabres roster. They got it updated for training camp! Wait... wait... https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/roster/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

What's this? Artem Kriukov! Age 40. 6'4" 193. He's in camp this year? Right there between Kozak and Kulich. ESPN NHL, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/_/id/2413  

19 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Ha-hey!

Casey Nelson is no longer on ESPN's Sabres roster. They got it updated for training camp! Wait... wait... https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/roster/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

What's this? Artem Kriukov! Age 40. 6'4" 193. He's in camp this year? Right there between Kozak and Kulich. ESPN NHL, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

There's a couple oddities in there.  The biggest to me is who the hell is Gabriel Karlsson?  From searching over hockeydatabase, that's not even a real person.  Columbus has a Gabriel Carlsson with that birthday, but no one with that K name and birthday exists.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

There's a couple oddities in there.  The biggest to me is who the hell is Gabriel Karlsson?  From searching over hockeydatabase, that's not even a real person.  Columbus has a Gabriel Carlsson with that birthday, but no one with that K name and birthday exists.

Perhaps it's meant to be 6th round pick Gustav Karlsson... but that's the magic of the worldwide leader in sports. No Tsujimoto though.

On 10/7/2022 at 9:07 PM, Brawndo said:

Peterka was the go to guy in the playoffs last year. 

It took Him until November or December until He became comfortable at the AHL Level and once He did, He was one of the dominant players on the ice, particularly when Quinn was hurt.  Peca and Appert both raved about how He became an all around player. 

Much like it took Him time to adjust to the AHL, it can be expected His adjustment period to the NHL a will be similar. 
Adams mentioned that they will look at a players body of work when deciding between Buffalo or Rochester. 

Peterka’s Body of Work should qualify Him to start in Buffalo, if He is still struggling after 15 games, then send Him down. 
The best way to learn the NHL Game is to play in the NHL 

Adams mentioned similar reasons for Peterka starting with the Sabres in His Presser this AM

Sheahan will be on IR to start the year 

On 10/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, DarthEbriate said:

Ha-hey!

The ESPN rosters have been a trainwreck for years.  They should at least make more of an attempt now that they are a broadcast partner once again. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

The ESPN rosters have been a trainwreck for years.  They should at least make more of an attempt now that they are a broadcast partner once again. 

We can only hope. I don't know how they even have a profile page for Kriukov. He never ever left the KHL or even came across the pond that I can recall. Good #15 overall selection.

It's really felt like a lull to me this year in waiting for the season to start.  There was lots of anticipation with the rookie tournament and then the first pre-season games.  Now the lineup is pretty close to what we expected in the summer.  Peterka and Krebs both left me wanting more from them so far.  I have no problem being patient with both.  Perhaps with our full lineup in place they will get a bit more space to showcase their talents.  Thursday can't come soon enough and I do believe they will have a strong start this year.

18 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bruins waived Mike Reilly. He's better than Bryson but whatever. 

A lot of IFs and maybes on this thing. 

... and his $3 mill cap hit.  He also has another year left at $4 mill in salary.  KA isn't going to spend money on a player like this unless he can get Boston or whomever to eat most of the deal.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

... and his $3 mill cap hit.  He also has another year left at $4 mill in salary.  KA is going to spend money on a player like this unless he can get Boston or whomever to eat most of the deal.

Cap hit doesn't matter. They have tons of room. We grab injured goalies just to get to the floor. 

He's better than Bryson, that's all. We'd be better with him on the bottom pairing but we don't want to be a winning NHL team. We want to be a training ground AHL type team to become a future winning team so whatever. 

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Cap hit doesn't matter. They have tons of room. We grab injured goalies just to get to the floor. 

He's better than Bryson, that's all. We'd be better with him on the bottom pairing but we don't want to be a winning NHL team. We want to be a training ground AHL type team to become a future winning team so whatever. 

He maybe better than Bryson, but KA is going to take on that $4 mill second year when he has so many kids to retain.  

I understand your pessimism, but I actually think this team is about to turn the corner if the goaltending holds up.  

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Adams mentioned similar reasons for Peterka starting with the Sabres in His Presser this AM

Sheahan will be on IR to start the year 

I worry about Krebs-Cozens-Peterka.  Seems like that could really kneecap Cozens.  We’ll see how Krebs/Peterka do.

Edited by Curt
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.