Sabres Officially Select #9, #16, and #28

WildCard

On 6/25/2022 at 5:05 PM, Dr. Who said:

There's a young fella that posts over at the hockeybuzz site. I don't much care for the tone of conversation over there, but occasionally you hear something interesting. In any event, this fella claims to be close to the Pegulas and some have speculated in the past that he is Kevyn Adams' son. I don't know, but his hockey acument is pretty good from my purely amateur perspective.  In any event, he posted I surmise his top ten at the moment which I thought interesting enough to share.

1.Juraj Slafkovsky
2.Shane Wright
3.Matthew Savoie
4.simon nemec
5 .Logan Cooley
6.Jiri Kulich
7.Danila Yurov
8.Jimmy Snuggerud
9.Frank Nazar
10. Gleb Trikozov

Savoie at three, Yurov at seven, and Snuggerud at eight surprise me. I don't know again, if this reflects in any way where the Sabres value on them is, but I like those three. Ohgren is another fella I'm personally getting more interested in at 16 . . . 

He leaked it lol!!

Next to be drafted Trikozov? 

12 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He leaked it lol!!

Next to be drafted Trikozov? 

Folks on that board make this forum appear on the whole rational optimists. They say the young fella who made that list was on stage in Montreal last night. I dunno. Personally, I like the picks, though I would have been tempted to go Yurov at #16. Maybe we just took the Russians off our board.  Here's one review of our draft that was positive. https://theathletic.com/3401481/2022/07/08/nhl-draft-first-round-winners-losers/?amp=1

Personally, I prefer to try and find hope and there's enough here, imo. KA doesn't seem like an idiot, at least, though I don't know what we are going to do at goalie. I don't understand the timeline. I would pay for a decent goalie even if the term is 5 or 6 years. If Levi is any good, he won't be scared of competition and then you have a solid vet backup if a young goalie works out.

Lot of decent value at #41. I'm intrigued enough by Hutson, I won't be upset if he's the choice, sorry . . . 

11 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Folks on that board make this forum appear on the whole rational optimists. They say the young fella who made that list was on stage in Montreal last night. I dunno. Personally, I like the picks, though I would have been tempted to go Yurov at #16. Maybe we just took the Russians off our board.  Here's one review of our draft that was positive. https://theathletic.com/3401481/2022/07/08/nhl-draft-first-round-winners-losers/?amp=1

Personally, I prefer to try and find hope and there's enough here, imo. KA doesn't seem like an idiot, at least, though I don't know what we are going to do at goalie. I don't understand the timeline. I would pay for a decent goalie even if the term is 5 or 6 years. If Levi is any good, he won't be scared of competition and then you have a solid vet backup if a young goalie works out.

Lot of decent value at #41. I'm intrigued enough by Hutson, I won't be upset if he's the choice, sorry . . . 

Only young fella on the stage for the Sabres picks last night was Terry and Kim’s little boy Matt.

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Only young fella on the stage for the Sabres picks last night was Terry and Kim’s little boy Matt.

There was more than one shooter in Dallas, JFK. Moon landing was faked. C'mon, don't ruin it.

I gather the poster was supposedly in Montreal. He goes dark until after the draft. Did not claim to be on the stage. That is speculation by others. True or not, his takes are interesting to me and he does seem to know something now and again.

Two other regulars over on that site who claim to have occasional inside knowledge, I've no idea if they are spurious, but they don't come off as immediately ridiculous, say that Adams inquired about Gibson, btw, and Gibson refused to bypass his NMC or whatever in his contract allows him to dictate where he can be traded to.

Edited by Dr. Who

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.