off season trade ideas

sweetlou

What's up with Connor Hellebuyck being available?  Is he really available?  Winnipeg doesn't seem to have a decent alternative.  That being said, I would love to have him on the Sabres depending on the price.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

What's up with Connor Hellebuyck being available?  Is he really available?  Winnipeg doesn't seem to have a decent alternative.  That being said, I would love to have him on the Sabres depending on the price.

He's not officially available & might not actually be available.

People are speculating that w/ getting rid of the old coaching staff & their leaders getting long in the tooth that the Jets might be looking for a full rebuild.  If they go full rebuild, maybe Hellebucyk becomes available for the right steep price.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

People are speculating that w/ getting rid of the old coaching staff & their leaders getting long in the tooth that the Jets might be looking for a full rebuild.  If they go full rebuild, maybe Hellebucyk becomes available for the right steep price.

I would offer Victor Oloffson for Hellybuck

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-sign-oskari-salminen-two-year-entry-level-contract-1.1796107

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Jets have signed goaltender Oskari Salminen to a two-year, entry-level contract with an average annual value of US$925,000 at the NHL level.

Maybe this is the Jets new guy for the rebuild?  Most likely a couple of seasons away from NHL though.  I still think they would be wanting a goalie back in a trade with us that can play right away.  Regardless we're all hoping Adams can pull off some sort of decent solution for goal next season. 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

On the trade front, I can see KA going after someone like Dreiger from Seattle for the goaltending.  

If he didn't go after Dreidger this year, why would he go after him for next year (especially after a rather less than stellar season)?

I doubt we make any trades at all. At least not anything significant.

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Would anyone like to see KA make a run at RFA Matthew Tkachuk?? I'm not a huge fan, but he is the type of player this team could really use. I'm sure I could learn to like him, lol. 

I would. Adams won't. 

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Would anyone like to see KA make a run at RFA Matthew Tkachuk?? I'm not a huge fan, but he is the type of player this team could really use. I'm sure I could learn to like him, lol. 

This only becomes a possibility if Flames resign Gaudreau.  I thought of this idea especially since Tkachuk played for Granato in USDL.  Tkachuk is exactly the player who the Sabres need.  I also doubt KA would want to give up or should consider giving up for him. 

In order to get him your probably looking at Cozens, Krebs, and two first round picks.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

This only becomes a possibility if Flames resign Gaudreau.  I thought of this idea especially since Tkachuk played for Granato in USDL.  Tkachuk is exactly the player who the Sabres need.  I also doubt KA would want to give up or should consider giving up for him. 

In order to get him your probably looking at Cozens, Krebs, and two first round picks.

Then, no. 

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

If you mean offer sheet, again no. The Sabres losing 1st round picks at this stage is a bad idea. 

I go back and forth on this thought every year.  do you trade potential for a super star.  

If I were to say Sabres should give up four first round picks for Tkachuk you would say I'm crazy.

What if actual names were put in place instead of picks?

Would you trade Isak Rosen,  Ryan Johnson, Casey Mittelstadt, and Alex Nylander for Tkachuk?   I would

Would you trade Owen Power,  Rasmus Dahlin,  Jack Quinn, and Dylan Cozens for Tkachuk?  Absolutely not!!

When you are trading picks and prospects it is always a gamble.  I've always said if the trade puts you over the top and puts you close to a championship then you do it. Why?  Those picks will be late first round picks and most likely won't evolve into stars.  

So at this time the Sabres need to stay the course and keep gaining assets.  If down the road you have too many good players, that is a good problem to have.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

He is going to make sure he gets moved to the blues this summer 

Jeff Marek on HNIC reporting that the Sharks may trying to move 2 RHD, Brent Burns and Erik Karlsson.

Huge cap hits for multiple years and they are both past their best before dates. Karlsson still has some tread left on his tires but he is not the gritty, stay at home type to partner with Power or Dahlin.

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Jeff Marek on HNIC reporting that the Sharks may trying to move 2 RHD, Brent Burns and Erik Karlsson.

Huge cap hits for multiple years and they are both past their best before dates. Karlsson still has some tread left on his tires but he is not the gritty, stay at home type to partner with Power or Dahlin.

To put it simply, both have awful contracts with no real value to our team due to their skill set not giving us anything we need.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, French Collection said:

No reason for the Sabres to be interested in either.

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

I agree they are both past their prime and over priced but when I heard this it also struck me, when we drafted Dahlin didn't he say that the player he admired most and wanted to be like was Karlsson? I seem to remember that so got me thinking maybe? Would they pair well and would it perhaps elevate Dahlin to star level? idk, but if they wanted to move contract and the price was right I'd consider it. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I agree they are both past their prime and over priced but when I heard this it also struck me, when we drafted Dahlin didn't he say that the player he admired most and wanted to be like was Karlsson? I seem to remember that so got me thinking maybe? Would they pair well and would it perhaps elevate Dahlin to star level? idk, but if they wanted to move contract and the price was right I'd consider it. 

Didn't work for Myers all that well. 

More importantly Karlsson is not anywhere near worth his contract at this point of his career already and has always had defensive short comings. If urns were a couple years younger and more defensively sound I'd be interested in him but alas that is not reality. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.