Pre-Game Atmosphere at Key Bank Arena is Lacking

CallawaySabres

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There was a live band playing between periods on the organ deck at the last game.

They've done that all season.

They've had 5 or so different bands that have played.  Most of them have actually been pretty decent.  The best band name of the bunch is the Plagerists.  (Which, IMHO, is a brilliant name for a band that plays all covers.)

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Taro T said:

They've done that all season.

They've had 5 or so different bands that have played.  Most of them have actually been pretty decent.  The best band name of the bunch is the Plagerists.  (Which, IMHO, is a brilliant name for a band that plays all covers.)

This was definitely a nice touch they added this year, but they need to do better with the band selection (albeit I've only seen 3 of the bands).  Hiring a bar band that roles through a 97 Rock-ish playlist is kind of embarrassing for an NHL team in my opinion.   The Strictly Hip would be the closest I'd get to that locally.  

Really anyone that would leave an impression so people are talking about who's playing before, during, and after the game.   Could you imagine a comedian that does 12 minutes of jokes about the other team?  I'd love that and there's a good chance a couple clips a year go viral. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:41 PM, Believer said:

Having attended the Sabres game in Tampa last month… can only tell you Tampa opened the gates an hour before the game… and the mood was driven by high energy Techno Music and light show… through the warm ups… ending with the introductions and anthems… Their announcer was youthful, excited, and had the crowd into it… Sound Board was plugged into the game and contributed like an extra man… Very impressive…

Is Dave Andreychuk's restaurant still across the street?

On 5/10/2022 at 12:01 AM, ndirish1978 said:

I've only ever been to college hockey in person. Is there tailgating or something of the sort for NHL games?

Usually not, but for playoff games sometimes there will be events in front of the arena. Depends on the team, the city, and the time of year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.