NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

18 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Absolutely no to Marner and a 1st for Dahlin.

The Leafs died the day they signed Tavares. They had Matthews, Marner and Nylander all coming up for new contracts and those deals crippled the franchise.  

Dubas did a masterful job this season putting a team together with such limited cap space but in the end the result was the same.

0-9 in games to put a series away. That is a mental weakness in your core.

They have like $2 million to sign 8 players. 

Nylander has been their best forward the last two playoffs but he will have to go. No one is touching Tavares with a ten foot pole, they are not trading Matthews and Marner is BFFs with Matthews and the Toronto kid.

But moving Nylander won’t be about bringing a top end dman back. It will be about futures to open up some cap space they are desperate for to ice a team. I don’t Know what they do in net. Pray that Kallgren becomes a saviour. They can’t resign Campbell unless he wants $750,000 a year.

Nylander to Calgary for Toronto native and RFA Mangiapane.  Toronto signs Mangiapane to 5 year $5 million extension. 

36 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Nylander replaces Johnny Hockey on top line line with fellow Swede Lindholm.

Ah, so if Gaudreau walks. That could make sense but Mangiapane is a big part for them and Nylander is the anthesis of Daryl Sutter hockey.  But if he bought in it might work.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Ah, so if Gaudreau walks. That could make sense but Mangiapane is a big part for them and Nylander is the anthesis of Daryl Sutter hockey.  But if he bought in it might work.

Nylander would go play in Europe, Sutter would ask him to mess his hair, block shots, go in the corners. Play to his actual size of 6’ 201 not like he was 5’7” 165.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I heard that rumour. The Bruins/Habs history makes that seem unlikely and he's such a career happy Bruin but I guess he probably did grow up a Montreal home fan so it's possible. Boston fanbase will die a little if that happens. 

If that's the trend and Giroux's going to Ottawa and Bergeron's going to Montreal, does that mean Kane's coming here? 🙂

Apparently one Bergeron's old agents works for the Canadiens now, so he has that connection as well. I could see it happening. 

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Like he's actually gonna say, yes, I want to play somewhere else 2 days after getting bounced in the first round. I'll wait 4-5 months, or until Boston offers him a new contract before I actually believe this. Never trust what a pro athlete says. 

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Like he's actually gonna say, yes, I want to play somewhere else 2 days after getting bounced in the first round. I'll wait 4-5 months, or until Boston offers him a new contract before I actually believe this. Never trust what a pro athlete says. 

Feels like it'll be Krejki back to Bs and Bergeron somewhere else to me. 

F the bs I would love nothing more than for them to suffer a streak of futility. 

They're due for it darn it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Well that's fair to a point, but if you put your Bruins hate aside for a second and actually looked at the culture they have and the team bonds you'd realize that it's very unlikely. Not impossible, but I think it only happens if the Bruins don't want him any more (which is also unlikely). 

44 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that's fair to a point, but if you put your Bruins hate aside for a second and actually looked at the culture they have and the team bonds you'd realize that it's very unlikely. Not impossible, but I think it only happens if the Bruins don't want him any more (which is also unlikely). 

Well the Bruins did let Borque leave for the chance at a cup. And most recently, they didn't offer Chara a new contract when his was up. The only way I see Bergeron back in Boston is if he signs a team friendly deal. But from his actions after the loss, it looks like his days in Boston, and most likely the NHL, are over. Like I said before, I don't think anyone will really know anything for at least a few months. 

Edited by Claude Balls

41 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Well the Bruins did let Borque leave for the chance at a cup. And most recently, they didn't offer Chara a new contract when his was up. The only way I see Bergeron back in Boston is if he signs a team friendly deal. But from his actions after the loss, it looks like his days in Boston, and most likely the NHL, are over. Like I said before, I don't think anyone will really know anything for at least a few months. 

Well Bourque was a long time ago and they let him go as a favour. They were not close at that point and gave him a cup run. He's back in the fold these days. Chara was a painful decision for them and they kept him as long as they could with league minimums but he went past his expiry date in their minds. He will still retire a Bruin, bet on it. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well Bourque was a long time ago and they let him go as a favour. They were not close at that point and gave him a cup run. He's back in the fold these days. Chara was a painful decision for them and they kept him as long as they could with league minimums but he went past his expiry date in their minds. He will still retire a Bruin, bet on it. 

If he ever retires, lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Masterton trophy finalist. He is an incredible athlete. 

He is a freak of nature, that's for sure. He is one of the best conditioned athletes ever. This not normal. Always hated him, but I wish he played for the Sabres for 15 years.

e66855d305b76d7d06fa8276ee292030.thumb.jpg.150507cdffc4c950a010d43db526418c.jpg

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:23 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

I counted 3. 

I’m not even clear what you are trying to say here. Talent and grit together are bad? 

No. 

Grit alone isn't going to win you series. You need talented relentless players. The talent gap between Colorado and Nashville is so large that no amount of "grit" "physicality" "toughness" will make up the difference. Size doesn't equal grit and talent doesn't equal soft. 

Grit might win you a battle here and there but without the corresponding talent to do something (Ristolainen), it doesn't matter. Just like talent without grit (Eichel) doesn't help either. You need a relentless mindset with talent and that's how you win. Cale Makar is a good example. 

Grit is good but not at the sake of talent. Talent can be gritty when it's relentless. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.