NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

The way it is interpreted, it's where the puck is at the point it's touched.  If it is at the crossbar, then the stick doesn't make contact w/ the puck above the crossbar.  Just like Koharski didn't call, it's a good goal.

What I saw was contact above the crossbar. I think Toronto got it wrong.

I'm sure there'll be a tweet with a good angle ins few minutes.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not a gambler myself, but think there is an item that could make a gambler some money on prop bets.

Whatever Koharski says, expect the actual call to be the opposite.  Haven't seen him right once yet.

Least valuable rules analyst in all sports. Without question. 

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Obviously? Was there a definitive without a shadow of a doubt camera angle I missed? Damn I must have missed that angle.

I'll agree with you, the camera angles make it hard to say for sure 100%.

If it was forced to make a decision I'd say 'no goal', but without that good camera angle it is so close that I'd just go with the call made on the ice.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The puck seems to be even w/ the top of the boards, which are, at most 48" high.  (The same high as the bottom of the crossbar.)

Good goal.  Suck it, Koharski.  (Last comment NOT directed at you @PromoTheRobot.)

Did you hear the last comment by RT?  Gretzky told Koho to “stay hot”.

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sucks I was rooting for the Pens to win it all, now I'm lost, I guess I'll go with the Hurricanes now. I think the Rangers got extremely lucky with the Pens losing Jarry for a month, then Crosby going out for the game and a half plus Rackell was gone for 3 games due to the concussion. I feel like the Canes will obliterate them, Shesterkan was unreal in regular season but was just good in this series imo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But he was right. That goal should not have counted. Obviously struck above the crossbar.

I don't think it was obvious, or conclusive.

Separately:  brutal loss for Pittsburgh, which led this series 3-1, and had 2-0 leads in games 5 and 6 before losing both.  They also led this game in the 3rd and were 6 minutes from advancing, but the Rangers tied it and then won on a PPG in OT.

Still, I'll shed no tears for them.  Sabres fans of a certain age may remember losing to Pittsburgh in OT of game 7 in the 2nd round of the 2001 playoffs, Dominik Hasek's last game as a Sabre.  The Sabres led the series 3-2 and were winning game 6 late in the 3rd, but then Mario Lemieux, in his first season back after missing 3 seasons with Hodgkins disease (a type of cancer), tied it with less than 2 minutes to go.  Pittsburgh then won game 6 in OT to force game 7.  The Sabres led that game in the 3rd also, but Pittsburgh tied it with about 11 minutes left and then Darius Kasparitis won it for them in OT. 

Hasek forced a trade to Detroit that summer, and the Sabres missed the playoffs for the next 3 seasons.  The 2004-05 canceled season would've been the 4th season post-Dom, and then the Sabres returned to the playoffs in 2005-06.  The best team in the NHL that season was Ottawa, whose goalie was...Dominik Hasek.

Hot take - Barry Melrose needs to retire.  I remember him on ESPN back in the mid 90’s after he quit coaching.  Seems like ESPN is grasping to some kind of nostalgia from that era, now that they have NHL games again.

On a side note, Melrose is 65 and Chelios is 60.  Cheli looks a decade plus younger. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Tony Amonte said Bergeron wants to play for Montreal next season. He's in the know and apparently let that slip out. 

I heard that rumour. The Bruins/Habs history makes that seem unlikely and he's such a career happy Bruin but I guess he probably did grow up a Montreal home fan so it's possible. Boston fanbase will die a little if that happens. 

If that's the trend and Giroux's going to Ottawa and Bergeron's going to Montreal, does that mean Kane's coming here? 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.