NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Florida looked very good against the Caps but TB or Toronto will be a step up in weight class.

True.  But if the Caps attempt at an empty netter in Game 4 hits the post & goes in rather than going off the outside of it & the net then Reinhart's heroics never happen.  Doubt they'd've had the intestinal fortitude to come back from a 3-1 deficit.

Sabres still have a good chance of picking 28.  (PLEASE let Tampa win tomorrow.  Something just right about them having 0 Staley Cup wins since expansion & 0 playoff series wins since the cap era began.)

Edited by Taro T

43 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Florida looked very good against the Caps but TB or Toronto will be a step up in weight class.

Should be good. If TO wins i think they'll gain a spark.

I don't like that at all but I think it to be true. 

I donno if that will be enough though. 

My god Zadorov is an idiot. Hate the way he plays. He doesn’t know how to be physical… And clean. He constantly hurt his team in Colorado… Now hurts his team in Calgary right now. Just a dumb dumb hockey player. At least that’s how I see it.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Right on the chin with a shoulder pad.

Im iffy on how deliberate it was.  It was a touch late.

Im glad I don’t get paid to make judgement on these things.

The NHL is loathe to suspend guys for hits that would've been clean had they been anything but a giant hitting a midget.  (See just about any Chara hit from the past 15 years & the resulting response.)   Guessing he doesn't get supplemental discipline, but it's the NHL so it could be anything from an attaboy for a great hit to a 10 game suspension. 

11 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Oshie switched to it after his father, who was from WV, passed.

Fun fact: “Take me Home, Country Roads” was actually inspired by Clopper Rd in Montgomery County, MD, a county right outside of DC. While it is no longer a “country road”, it was back then. I don’t think this is the angle of them playing this song at a Caps game though. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.