NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Wow. I’ve stopped talking about this stuff because nobody ever sees these things the same way.

Two guys cutting across the middle at high speeds, not even really focused on each other because of two other guys in their way, reaching for a loose puck that just changed direction collided in a dangerous fashion.

McAvoy wasn’t even intending to make a hit there. Braced himself at the last second when he realized what was coming and caught Aho in the worst spot, who tried to do get out of the way and never got that chance.

Id love to crap on a scumbag Bruin play, but that was nothing but unfortunate.

He still left his feet before the hit and made contact with the head.

Just because he didn't intend to do that doesn't mean he didn't. That's one of the problems with NHL officiating. Too much discretion. Results and intent should never matter.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Is it just me or are they laying it on thick their praise of the  Leafs. Anything and everything.

Boy, if I was a Bolts fan I would want to smash the TV during those intermissions. They are brutal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

That was an exciting game. I am super stoked for Tampa to beat the Leafs for another first round loss.

Tampa looks a lot shakier than in previous years to me. Guys like Hedman and Sergachev are making a lot of errors leading to turnovers and odd man rushes. Vasilevskiy looks human too.

Game 7, the Leafs facing another elimination after a series lead. Drama.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, if they can't blow a 3-1 series lead, the next most painful would likely be blowing a 3rd period lead in game 6 & then having Matthews biff in the neutral zone w/ Campbell letting a trickler get through w/ wonder boy Bunting slamming it home.  And THEN blowing game 7 at home, again.

PLEASE let that happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Vaisilesky has been brutal. He looks absolutely lost in net. He is going to have to find his game for Game 7.  Leafs have outplayed them this series but it comes down to one game and the Leafs and Game 7s do not get along at all.

I agree. But Vasy looked terrific in OT. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I didn't expect the Blues to win the series with Minnesota

Me either, I thought Wild in 6 or 7. The cap will affect their ability to add anything next year. Maybe it is their turn to have half a team on LTIR.

LAK tie it up in the 3rd, this is a series I thought was a gimme for the Oilers.

Playoffs…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.