World Championships 2022 Thread

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Yay, Asplund with another. The easiest he will ever score! He's having a good tournament.

Saw that one too 😀

Good thing he put a low scoring season in the books already or his value would be going up up up 

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Canada was so bad against Denmark. Barzal was playing lazy don't care hockey. Not many players looked very good at all. Maybe there was a good party the night before or something but effort like that won't get them far. Cozens included. 

Agree with that. They also seemed very ill disciplined. Too many stupid penalties.

14 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Cozens was very good but needs to work on that shot to snipe more.

True. had a golden opportunity to win it before the OT and just shot it into the goalie. Makes me think (optimistically) of Tage a year ago. Just a confidence level. Afraid to miss the net so he shoots towards the middle too much rather than sniping for the corners. He is playing well though on the top line so I think it will come. 

Thought Asplund was very good. Ullmark being Ullmark. Brilliant in the second period, just meh in the third. Loss not his fault, but he didn't win it for them either. Dumb lazy or sloppy penalties by Dahlin and Nylander at the end sealed their fate. They were both good for Sweden as a whole, but not when it really counted.

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

True. had a golden opportunity to win it before the OT and just shot it into the goalie. Makes me think (optimistically) of Tage a year ago. Just a confidence level. Afraid to miss the net so he shoots towards the middle too much rather than sniping for the corners. He is playing well though on the top line so I think it will come. 

Thought Asplund was very good. Ullmark being Ullmark. Brilliant in the second period, just meh in the third. Loss not his fault, but he didn't win it for them either. Dumb lazy or sloppy penalties by Dahlin and Nylander at the end sealed their fate. They were both good for Sweden as a whole, but not when it really counted.

I don't really see Delay of Game penalties over the glass as dumb, lazy or sloppy to be honest. 9/10 times it was merely a good play off the boards that hit the stick wrong and flew over its intended target.

• Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I don't really see Delay of Game penalties over the glass as dumb, lazy or sloppy to be honest. 9/10 times it was merely a good play off the boards that hit the stick wrong and flew over its intended target.

Dahlin wasn’t under pressure though, and had options to either curl back, og or just chip it out.

It was a brainfart, simple as that. It happens, but it can’t happen.

2 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Dahlin wasn’t under pressure though, and had options to either curl back, og or just chip it out.

It was a brainfart, simple as that. It happens, but it can’t happen.

Alright, didn't get to see the 3rd/OT so I was unsure as to what happened in regards to the penalty more than the "puck over glass" part

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

In most cases I think they are rushed, not thought about or sometimes a little lazy. In this case he wasn't pressured and had time he could have and should have taken. But we can agree to disagree. Not worth arguing about. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.