World Championships 2022 Thread

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Anyone know if TNT declined to play for team USA?

Well he said he hadn’t made up his mind, but he’s not there, so I guess he said no.

Pregnant wife may have played a role?

Meanwhile, Aspy scored twice and was player of the game for Sweden today as they beat the Czechs 5-3.

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Cozens with 2 assists so far vs Slovakia. He is playing well on a line with PL Dubois and Nick Roy.

Nemec playing on the PP for Slovakia, he’s got some confidence for a young Dman. Slafkovsky has not looked like he did at the Olympics, better lineups at this Tournament.

I recorded this game and am watching it now (just starting the 3rd for me). Totally agree with you. Nemec looks very good. Cozens is playing very well but as he did in Buffalo he just lacks finish. If he learns to get those shots on goal past the goalie he will be phenomenal, if he doesn't, he'll become a tenacious checking forward. It's kind of like he could be a ROR or a Trochek type or even a Staal but could also end up a Lazar.  He needs that last leap forward like we saw Thompson take. I think it'll happen, just a question of when. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I recorded this game and am watching it now (just starting the 3rd for me). Totally agree with you. Nemec looks very good. Cozens is playing very well but as he did in Buffalo he just lacks finish. If he learns to get those shots on goal past the goalie he will be phenomenal, if he doesn't, he'll become a tenacious checking forward. It's kind of like he could be a ROR or a Trochek type or even a Staal but could also end up a Lazar.  He needs that last leap forward like we saw Thompson take. I think it'll happen, just a question of when. 

Just to be clear, Cozens had 13 goals and 38 points in a year he turned 21

Curtis Lazar is 27 and hasn’t put up those points in any two years combined.

I continue to stand by my “less douchey Ryan Kesler” prediction.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Just to be clear, Cozens had 13 goals and 38 points in a year he turned 21

Curtis Lazar is 27 and hasn’t put up those points in any two years combined.

I continue to stand by my “less douchey Ryan Kesler” prediction.

I only mentioned Lazar because everyone is familiar with him. He's a guy who plays hard and well but can almost never score.   Kesler's another possible I agree. Mike Richards (before his drug problems) is another guy I think of. We're thinking along the same lines.

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I only mentioned Lazar because everyone is familiar with him. He's a guy who plays hard and well but can almost never score.   Kesler's another possible I agree. Mike Richards (before his drug problems) is another guy I think of. We're thinking along the same lines.

Expecting (hoping?) his floor to be Curtis Brown.

With Drury/Kessler as the likely ceiling.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:56 PM, PerreaultForever said:

He is already a better player than Lazar. He is a different kind of player than ROR too.  You are reaching here. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.