Locker Clean Out Days

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Not sure this is 100% true, they did at one time have s good history of treating alumni well and they can have it again.  Everything starts now.  History is the past.  Pegula’s can control the future in this regard. They just need to stop gutting the FO and build what they did with the Bills.  

The bolded are the key words. I advocated for this years ago. I think they really missed a chance to change things at the 50th anniversary. Like you, I hope they bring it back too. 

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I could be wrong, but didn't Adams try and sign another coach but failed? I don't think Granato was his first choice 

Don't recall that.

He did actually interview a bunch, but only recall him offering the job to Granato.

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I could be wrong, but didn't Adams try and sign another coach but failed? I don't think Granato was his first choice 

Never saw any reporting, or even internet gossip, to that effect.

He interviewed a bunch of guys - which he said he was going to do from the outset - then picked Don.

I remember thinking that the search was a bit of a sham - it was mostly about Adams making connections, and picking people’s brains about his team.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Tell that to Marty Biron, Rob Ray, Matt Ellis, Patrick Kaleta, Adam Mair, Tim Kennedy, Nathan Paetsch, Larry Playfair....

They have lots of ex-Sabres on staff.

Mike Peca had a rough go on his contract, now he is coaching in Rochester.  

The Knox’s treated alumni great, then we had some problems in that area, and now Pegula’s are doing a good job at that part of running a team.  

• Like (+1) 1

Krebs:  A lot of people had fun with his trees comment.  I think he was a little rattled by the trade but he's starting to see that this could be the best move in terms of giving him real opportunity.  He doesn't take his position for granted and wants to do whatever he can to stick in the NHL.

Also significant is what he likes about Buffalo, if you assume that what he's talking about is in contrast to Vegas.  It kind of balances out the envy some of us (me) feel of their early success and the glitz of the Vegas strip.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.