Is tonight Rick's last call?

PASabreFan

Is tonight Rick's last call?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is tonight Rick's last call?

• Yes, of course he's done, and, anyway, he can't come back after all the Last Call hoopla even if he wanted to
    • No, he won't be able to stay away; although he won't do games on any regular schedule, he'll do one here and there, especially in some future playoff run

Really hope that they've told him that he'll get to call the 1st period of the 2nd home playoff game (it wouldn't be fair to Dunleavy or whomever else it is working PbP then to take the 1st period of the 1st game &/or the 1st home game) and also the 1st period of their 2nd home Stanley Cup game (same comment as previously).

That'll give us all something to look forward to, and more importantly HIM something to look forward to.  He can't just go and fade off w/ no purpose anymore not that he isn't calling games anymore.  He'll have to stay healthy & enthused & have a reason to get up every morning.  We NEED him.

• Like (+1) 1

He may come back and say hello or visit in the press box with DD, but as far as a full on play-by-play of a game, I think he’s done. 
and of course I hate to sound grim… But you always hear about those people who work a really long time, then retire, and The thing that they woke up for on a daily basis is gone,  So their health diminishes and they end up passing away a short time later.

Of course I hope this doesn’t happen… But it has crossed my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

He may come back and say hello or visit in the press box with DD, but as far as a full on play-by-play of a game, I think he’s done. 
and of course I hate to sound grim… But you always hear about those people who work a really long time, then retire, and The thing that they woke up for on a daily basis is gone,  So their health diminishes and they end up passing away a short time later.

Of course I hope this doesn’t happen… But it has crossed my mind.

The only reason I don’t expect him to pay a visit (or 7) to the booth after retirement is because I expect that a good reason he’s shutting it down now is because of the difficulty in getting around and up and down now.  And that isn’t going to get better when he stops doing it regularly.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.