GDT: Sabres at Bruins 4-28-22 7PM

spndnchz

The Buffalo Sabres will play their final road game of the season tonight in Boston.

Faceoff is at 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. Pregame coverage on MSG starts at 6:30. Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray have the call.

And tomorrow night, the season wraps up with a home game against the Chicago Blackhawks. 

Okposo did not practice with the Sabres on Wednesday but will travel with the team for their game in Boston on Thursday night. The Sabres conclude the season the following night at home against Chicago.

Okposo sustained an injury during practice on Monday. 

"I haven't ruled anything out," he said. "So, I'm just going to kind of see how it is when I wake up tomorrow and go from there."

Craig Anderson participated in practice for the first time since leaving the team's session due to an injury last Friday. He did not dress for the Sabres' win over the New York Islanders on Saturday.

Sabres coach Don Granato said he expects Anderson to play in the season finale against the Blackhawks - hopefully with Okposo in the lineup as well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic

It feels like it's been way too long since the Sabres last played. Hopefully this interruption won't throw off their rhythm.

Hoping to see them finish strong. If I were GMKA I'd call up Quinn to give him one more taste of the show and then send him and Fitzgerald back down to Rochester so he can help them get the last win needed to hopefully qualify for the playoffs.

I think Tage pops in two tonight to set RJ up to call one more 40th goal scorer tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Weird scheduling, having this much time off and back to backs to end it, but I'm assuming Covid was related somewhere.

Hat trick gets Tage to 40g tonight. I wanna say Vanek was the last to accomplish that

Good assumption.  Their game against the Otters got moved.  (Might have had a game vs the Habs originally on the schedule as well.  Have to double check that one.)

• Like (+1) 2

• The team's performance this season has guaranteed an improvement in points percentage of at least .115, regardless of the outcome of the two remaining games. 
• It marks the eighth time in franchise history and first time since 2015-16 (.165) that the team has improved its year-over-year points percentage by at least .10.

• If the Sabres were to win their last two games, they would finish with the fifth-best year-over-year points percentage improvement in franchise history.

• Buffalo has scored 226 goals this season, marking its highest output since the team scored 240 goals during the 2010-11 campaign.

• Buffalo enters tonight's game with four consecutive wins in the same season for the first time since the team won 10 games in a row from Nov. 8 to 27, 2018.

• The Sabres are 15-8-3 since March 2 and rank 11th in the NHL with a .635 points percentage during that span.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.