Beyond Blue & Gold: Honoring RJ

LGR4GM

Really going to miss him. There are no more PBP announcers anymore...just 2-3 people talking while the game is going on and once in a while they get interrupted by a goal being scored. And Dunleavy saying....oh and it's in

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

Awesome. 

I know RJ night was earlier in the month, but does anyone know if anything special will be happening on Friday for his last game? I'm traveling in from Jersey to see it and just curious if they'll be doing anything.

1 hour ago, fiftyone said:

Awesome. 

I know RJ night was earlier in the month, but does anyone know if anything special will be happening on Friday for his last game? I'm traveling in from Jersey to see it and just curious if they'll be doing anything.

they are giving away Rj shirts to the 1st 10k fans

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Also saw something about people in the arena being able to listen to RJ’s call through your headphones.

[edited]

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/rick-jeanneret-rj-last-call-retire-friday-april-29-final-game-need-to-know-buffalo-sabres/c-333430994

They've been doing the Mixhalo thing most, if not the entire, season.

Edited by Taro T

I would imagine the barn will be pretty full Friday night with an amped up crowd. It would be great if the Sabres could get Portillo, Levi, Johnson and Huglen to the game. A recruiting trip of sorts. But I'm sure that would violate some NCAA rule, potentially costing them their remaining eligibility.

26 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

I would imagine the barn will be pretty full Friday night with an amped up crowd. It would be great if the Sabres could get Portillo, Levi, Johnson and Huglen to the game. A recruiting trip of sorts. But I'm sure that would violate some NCAA rule, potentially costing them their remaining eligibility.

Ballparking it, would say there's ~14,000 seats sold at present.  (Somewhere between 13-16,000 are not available eyeballing it on the website.)

So, since the game is in 2 days and people will get FOMO disease watching the Bruins game, will guess final tally will be anywhere from 18k to a sellout.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

" I didn't graduate from high school for Christ's sake." Good old Rick.

• Like (+1) 1

• LGR4GM locked this topic