GDT: Vegas @ Dallas 8:30 EDT - The Last Breath

WildCard

• SDS pinned this topic

Remaining Schedule:

VEGAS: DALLAS (93), CHICAGO (65), ST LOUIS (109)

DALLAS: VEGAS (90), COYOTES (51), DUCKS (74)

Game 81 for each team is against a bottom feeder, so you can assume the 2 points for each team.

Dallas's last game is against a non-playoff team vs Ducks, and VGK plays ST LOUIS. Even if Dallas loses tonight it'd still be a tall order for Vegas to catch them.

But they can get the job done tonight. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

It's 90% draft pick and 10% a FU to Eichel. Had he not had that embarrassing post-game presser I wouldn't give a crap about Jack. He made it personal.

He already came off as the poor loser in that press conference, though.  I feel like I got what I needed just by watching it.  I won't mind if he succeeds as long as it doesn't come at the expense of the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He already came off as the poor loser in that press conference, though.  I feel like I got what I needed just by watching it.  I won't mind if he succeeds as long as it doesn't come at the expense of the Sabres.

^ this

However,  I don't want him to succeed right now because of the draft pick implications. 

• Like (+1) 2

I want LV to lose as well, but the 16th pick isn’t exactly going to change the fortunes of our franchise. Whomever we draft will be a Rosen quality player who may not arrive for 2-3 more years.  Happy to have the player and we need the pipeline depth, but when I look at the projections, I don’t see a true difference maker at that point in this draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

I want LVGK to lose so that they don't get rewarded for their cap circumvention and to get the Sabres the better draft pick.

I am more concerned for Lehner than anything.  I suspect we have similar psychiatric diagnoses.

Jack Eichel looks hurt.  He does not have the vision he had before the injury.  He has no chemistry with his team yet.  I suspect he will be better next year after a training camp and more healing time.  But I have little sympathy for him after bagging on us fans.

It is the LVGK franchise which I am rooting against.  I hate all the crap they have done since their first season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I want LV to lose as well, but the 16th pick isn’t exactly going to change the fortunes of our franchise. Whomever we draft will be a Rosen quality player who may not arrive for 2-3 more years.  Happy to have the player and we need the pipeline depth, but when I look at the projections, I don’t see a true difference maker at that point in this draft.  

You never know.  Almost every draft has players that surprise.  This pick is another trip to the batters box in the middle of the first round.  

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You never know.  Almost every draft has players that surprise.  This pick is another trip to the batters box in the middle of the first round.  

No question. Every draft pick is a lottery pick.  You could get a Tarasenko (16th in 2010), Tom Wilson (16th in 2012), Barzal or even Chychurn, but you also could get guys like Sonny Milano, Martin Kaut, Jusso Valmaki, Ty Wishart or Colton Gillies. Our track record at 16 is fair with Armia (2011) and Zadarov (2013).  Even the really good 16th picks usually took a few years to make the jump to the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

For me, it's about the draft pick.  I don't really care about Eichel one way or another.

Eichel or not, the draft pick is what is of most importance.  I admit that I'm not against Eichel's team missing the playoffs, but the focus really is on the draft pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.