About that trade…

Believer

42 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Does anyone truly believe there was a place in Buffalo for the guy who introduced himself to the town by drunk drive crashing into a restaurant named after a guy in our rafters who died drunk driving?

They closed the last Timmy’s in St Louis before he moved

That was obviously a stupid inexcusable incident, but calling it a drunk driving accident is pretty funny in a misleading kind of way.  It’s technically true, but what happened was the fancy classic truck was parked at the Timmy Ho’s and then accidentally put into drive instead of reverse and drove the 3ft into the glass wall, breaking one glass pane.

I feel like most people think he lost control of his vehicle going down the road and smashed into the side of a building.

Also, there are no Tim Horton’s west of Michigan or south of Virginia.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Right, but the question said what if he didn't want out?

I can't really do the mental gymnastics about undoing either trade, but I can say that I like the direction the team is going now.

I would also say that this last decade was at least as much about coaching as it was about those two players and who they were traded for.  A Granato-type, culture-building coach and institute a decent system of Xs and Os who could get players to buy in might have been able to keep the dressing from from descending into the hell it became and salvaged the Sabres for both ROR and Jack.

ROR and Jack failed because of management:  GM and coaching.  ROR got out in time but at this point I think Jack is damaged goods.

Good post.    ROR was always smarter.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Curt said:

That was obviously a stupid inexcusable incident, but calling it a drunk driving accident is pretty funny in a misleading kind of way.  It’s technically true, but what happened was the fancy classic truck was parked at the Timmy Ho’s and then accidentally put into drive instead of reverse and drove the 3ft into the glass wall, breaking one glass pane.

I feel like most people think he lost control of his vehicle going down the road and smashed into the side of a building.

Also, there are no Tim Horton’s west of Michigan or south of Virginia.

Let’s belittle a 100% choice driven action that kills people daily. Tee hee hee

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/tim-hortons-franchisee-closes-all-four-remaining-st-louis-restaurants/article_e825f14f-481e-507f-9477-677902cc5fb6.html

Edited by triumph_communes

On 4/26/2022 at 12:21 PM, Amaru523 said:

The Knights have been plagued by injuries all year, but that didn't stop them from ascending to the top of their division. My Son is a die hard VGK fan and earlier in the season I told him, "I think someone in the Knights organization sold their soul to the devil", how can this team keep winning with all these injuries?

Then Jack hit the ice. He got off to a slow start, but once he got his legs back he started playing like the old Jack and was the best Knight on the ice in most games, but then with the season hanging by a thread, he's completely vanished. Prior to these last 4 games he was on a 6 game point streak where he had 5g, 2a, was a +8, and was averaging 4.6 shots/gm. The last 4 games, 0 points, -2, and only 2.5 shots/gm.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Knights have fallen apart since Jack started playing. He just might be the Russell Westbrook of the NHL.

Scott Aukerman Tattoo GIF

28 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Thanks for info on the Timmy Ho’s.  I saw something different.

I wasn’t really trying to belittle drunk driving.  I did call it stupid and inexcusable.

I was just adding context to the incident.  As far as drunk driving accidents go, it’s one of the funnier ones.  Most aren’t.

17 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

He wasn't brought in for leadership either.

Either way, there's no scenario in which Buffalo 'wins' or even 'breaks even' on this trade until Thomspon/Johnson lift the cup.

Let’s not forget that Carter Hutton was a piece of that ROR trade that came over here. To me, unless I’m missing something, the only bright spot so far in that trade has been Tage Thompson. I hope he keeps it up into next season.

6 minutes ago, FogBat said:

Let’s not forget that Carter Hutton was a piece of that ROR trade that came over here. To me, unless I’m missing something, the only bright spot so far in that trade has been Tage Thompson. I hope he keeps it up into next season.

Except Hutton wasn't.

He was a FA signing.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

The Hockey Guy with a take on Jack/VGK's struggles...

https://youtu.be/CD6LFJ3i0Ds

He would make a nice message board poster, but he gets enough stuff wrong that I come away unimpressed.

How does one watch that game last night and say that Jack is not shown his puck possession prowess? Lol that was like the main thing he did yesterday, even though he eventually got the puck stolen from him twice.

he also makes comparisons between Jack’s salary and Tuch/Krebs, but then misses the fact that Vegas needs a second player in the lineup, because they are running 11 forwards.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.