The 2022 Playoff Rooting Thread

Doohickie

Although  it's a sin around here you all know Boston's my B team, but I don't think they have a realistic shot. Canes smoked them in the regular season with their speed. It'll likely be closer, but not by much. 

Going to pull for the underdogs and whoever plays the Leafs. 

Looking forward to some of the nasty coming out with Preds, Minni, Calgary, Washington, Florida, even Tampa. Fair bit of scrappiness in some of these teams.

If Florida wins the cup and Sam gets the Conn Smyth I may have to give it up for good. So not that. Anything but that. 

I'd be fine with either Edmonton or the Wild out of the west. The east...oof. Nobody. The Panthers are the underdog story (by underdog I mean haven't won a playoff series in 25 friggin years), but I can't stomach the thought of another fair weather Florida fanbase winning a title. 

Colorado's probably the best team, but they feel like a team that gets knocked out in the semis to me. Gut tells me Tampa wins again, but I hope not.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

I have liked the Avalanche all year but without a healthy Landeskog I donno. 

I think it's Florida this year.

They've been really good all year and have "paid their dues" so to speak the last couple years in the playoffs. 

Who do I want to win?  Really anyone but the Rangers or Leafs (most annoying fan bases, and to me, yes, more annoying than Bruins fans).  

Who do I think?  Take out the favorites (that is no fun), but as a dark horse I think Edmonton is playing really really well lately.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:22 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Although  it's a sin around here you all know Boston's my B team, but I don't think they have a realistic shot. Canes smoked them in the regular season with their speed. It'll likely be closer, but not by much. 

Going to pull for the underdogs and whoever plays the Leafs. 

Looking forward to some of the nasty coming out with Preds, Minni, Calgary, Washington, Florida, even Tampa. Fair bit of scrappiness in some of these teams.

If Florida wins the cup and Sam gets the Conn Smyth I may have to give it up for good. So not that. Anything but that. 

I have a Bergeron jersey. You're not entirely alone.

That being said, I'd like to see the Wild win. I have nothing against them. MAF is on the team. They've been fun to watch. And, with the dead cap from the buyouts looming, this might be their only window to have a real run for 3 years.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I have a Bergeron jersey. You're not entirely alone.

That being said, I'd like to see the Wild win. I have nothing against them. MAF is on the team. They've been fun to watch. And, with the dead cap from the buyouts looming, this might be their only window to have a real run for 3 years.

Marcus Foligno is not hard to root for as well.

I like the Avs because of the high end skill of MacKinnon and Makar but the Wild would be my dark horse team. I listened to the Ray and Dregs podcast yesterday, Jacob Middleton is a funny guy and an old school Dman that I like as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Marcus Foligno is not hard to root for as well.

I like the Avs because of the high end skill of MacKinnon and Makar but the Wild would be my dark horse team. I listened to the Ray and Dregs podcast yesterday, Jacob Middleton is a funny guy and an old school Dman that I like as well.

A Foligno vs. Foligno cup would be just fine by me.

I'm really hoping it ends up Avs Preds first round. That'll be a fun series to watch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.