The 2022 Playoff Rooting Thread

Doohickie

Q1.  The Sabres.

Q2.  Somebody other than them.

Serious answer.  Have no idea who this kid'll be pulling for.  Will watch some games and will find out by watching who it is.  Know it won't be the Loafs or Bruins.  Would be very surprised it it's the Canes, Stars, Rags, or Eulers.  Don't really have a team left that stands out as one to cheer for, but only the 2 already mentioned to definitely cheer against.

Edited by Taro T
Friggin' autocorrect.
  • Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Q1.  The Sabres.

Q2.  Somebody other than them.

Serious answer.  Have no idea who this kid'll be pulling for.  Will watch some games and will find out by watching who it is.  Know it won't be the Loafs or Bruins.  Would be very surprised it it's the Canes, Stars, Rags, or Eulers.  Don't really have a team left that stands out as one to cheer for, but only the 2 already mentioned to definitely cheer against.

This is the 4th or 5th time you’ve referred to yourself as “kid.” Are you having a post-covid mid-life crisis?

It’ll be okay. We’ll get through this together. 

I’ve been saying all along that I think Florida is going to win it all. I think they will play Colorado in the finals. But playoff hockey being what it is, I could see Tampa playing the Blues in the finals.

As to who I want to win?… nobody. I wish they could all lose.

I have had a soft spot for Colorado since the Sakic/Forsberg days. I wouldn’t mind MacKinnon having something to show the folks back home that Sid is not the only superstar that can bring hardware around.

I will cheer for whoever plays the Leafs, but that round only. One round should be all that is required again this year.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This is the 4th or 5th time you’ve referred to yourself as “kid.” Are you having a post-covid mid-life crisis?

It’ll be okay. We’ll get through this together. 

I’ve been saying all along that I think Florida is going to win it all. I think they will play Colorado in the finals. But playoff hockey being what it is, I could see Tampa playing the Blues in the finals.

As to who I want to win?… nobody. I wish they could all lose.

The the 1st 2 sentences, that must be it.

To the Panthers, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them tripped up by the Caps or the Pens should they get a great game from their goalie in Game 1.  The Cats are riding so high right now & have such a penchant for falling behind big early in games.  Could definitely see a Bolts BJs 3 years ago vibe working there.

In the East I always want teams in Sabres division to do well when the Sabres are not in the playoffs.  If they win the cup sometimes they don't trays hard the next year!

Florida- this is their all in year.  They will struggle with cap issues the next couple of years, but still have a good team. Any success for them, especially a cup means they move on from some key pieces.

Tampa- Will continue to have success as long as Stammer, Point, Kuch, Vasy, and Hedman are there.

Toronto- Have two years left in their window.  Don't see how Matthews does not go to Arizona when he becomes an UFA.  

Out West I have always liked the Avalanche.  

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

In the East I always want teams in Sabres division to do well when the Sabres are not in the playoffs.  If they win the cup sometimes they don't trays hard the next year!

Florida- this is their all in year.  They will struggle with cap issues the next couple of years, but still have a good team. Any success for them, especially a cup means they move on from some key pieces.

Tampa- Will continue to have success as long as Stammer, Point, Kuch, Vasy, and Hedman are there.

Toronto- Have two years left in their window.  Don't see how Matthews does not go to Arizona when he becomes an UFA.  

Out West I have always liked the Avalanche.  

To the bolded, presuming you are assuming there is still a team in the AZ desert when he reaches FA.  My expectation is the same, but that would be one way he doesn't get there. 😉

I am rooting for Colorado and Minnesota. 

I am in the process of moving to the Denver area, so the more playoff games that happen, the more likely I can see one live, especially if my company's box has an open seat (unlikely it gets down the pecking order to me, but who knows.) Interesting factoid: Avalanche games haven't been on TV in the Denver area for this season and I think even longer. Some sort of dispute between networks/broadcasters. (I didn't care enough to learn the details). 

Minnesota because it is the State of Hockey and they deserve it. Also, as mentioned above, I too like Marcus Foligno and also Kevin Fiala, who the Sabres should look into an RFA offer sheet this off-season. 

I can't actively root for anyone in the East. It's more a question of who I dislike less. 

23 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Who do you want to win? 

Who do you think will win?

I'm pulling for Minnesota this year.  Marcus Foligno is my favorite ex-Sabre. 

I think Florida will win.  They seem to be peaking at the right time.

Assuming Vegas is out, not any of these teams in order.  

1- Toronto

2- Boston

3 - Rangers

4 - Florida

5 - Tampa

I will pull for any team playing Toronto. 

Not rooting for  teams that have never won before, unless they are playing one of the teams above.  Buffalo has to be the next.  

I guess I would like to see the Blues get another.  

Edited by Pimlach

39 minutes ago, Sakman said:

I can't actively root for anyone in the East. It's more a question of who I dislike less. 

The bright side of the Decade of Incompetence is there's a whole group of young Sabres fans that have never meaningfully seen the Sabres lose a round (or even an important game), so they can enjoy non-Sabres playoff games between east teams.

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I will pull for any team playing Toronto. 

Not rooting for  teams that have never won before, unless they are playing one of the teams above.  Buffalo has to be the next.  

I guess I would like to see the Blues get another.  

Well, what about the second round where the bolded rule is meaningless?

Edited by MattPie
Reduce the size so no expand needed.
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.