[Game Day] Easten Conference Quarterfinals, Game 3

Corp000085

Coverage starts at 7:00pm tonight on Directv channel 765, also on MSG locally and TSN in canada. Join us here, or in the chat room. Also, if you are not able to see the local coverage, you can listen live on the internet at http://www.wgr550.com in the live radio section.

GO SABRES!

for those with the center ice package, have you noticed that whenever it is the MSG feed we usually get the post-game Shootout show, etc, whereas most other games covered by Center Ice, the broadcast usually cuts out immediately after the game.

For those fans going to the Wachovia Center good luck tonight! Hopefully they are not as bad as most of us seem to believe! I definitely look forward to the stories tomorrow!

for those with the center ice package, have you noticed that whenever it is the MSG feed we usually get the post-game Shootout show, etc, whereas most other games covered by Center Ice, the broadcast usually cuts out immediately after the game.

For those fans going to the Wachovia Center good luck tonight! Hopefully they are not as bad as most of us seem to believe! I definitely look forward to the stories tomorrow!

I noticed that the shootout stayed on till the second the press conferences were over. Wonder if that's by design or by accident.

The Shootout airs on MSG only, regardless of what feed or channel the CI game is on.

If the game feed is blacked out on MSG, you can still go there after the game and it will be shown in its entirety. Just don't try to tivo it off the basic schedule. It cuts off about halfway through, so you have to manually extend the recording time.

I usually listen to the post game on GR while recording the Shootout, then watch it after the GR post game is over. By that time I've had my hockey fix for the night.....

I noticed that the shootout stayed on till the second the press conferences were over. Wonder if that's by design or by accident.

That is the first difference I have noticed between DirecTV and Cable. The game cut off for me just as the broadcast went to commercial after the buzzer. The only time I have seen the shootout on CI was the night that number 16 was raised!

From what I saw, they kept up with Buffalo, played some decent D for once, and Esche made some great saves. Forsberg was himself for the first time in the series.

Chalk it up to "no sweep," move on, and win in 5, Sabs!

We beat ourselves tonight. Period. They had two lucky goals and we couldn't score on our PPs.

The Sabres couldn't score on the powerplay because for once, Filly defended it well. They played strong and not stupid; they cleared rather than taking a second penalty. It's ok to admit that the other team had the Sabres' number, and tonight, I'm admitting it. Sabs in 5.

Yeah, the Flyers won this game, the Sabres didn't give it away. Obviously, when you win 8-2, lucky breaks went your way. the Flyers had some breaks go their way, and Esche played better than usual again tonight. No problem, it is a 7 game series. All I want is a victory in the series. 6 games or less would be nice.

ok, i'll chalk this game up as a learning experience for the boys. Tough road game usually means a loss. Fortunately, they go right back at it friday. If the sabres were to pick a game to lose, this one would be it. Now, they have to get off their and play hard on friday to keep the clinching game at home. The only big loss is teppo with an undisclosed injury. I guess rory gets his playoff cherry broken friday.

With that said, The flyers came with everything, the sabres came at about 50% and it still took philly some stupid goals to win. I'm dissapointed that there won't be a sweep, but i was not expecting one. Those two victories in buffalo were for the ages. Just win on friday to send it back to the hsbc on nbc baby!

I was out all night and have this game waiting on my TiVo. Is it even worth watching?

Well, you may want to watch the final minute of the game to see all the Wile E. Coyote Suprageniuses throw hats (and shirts and supposedly a bra and whatever else) on the ice when Gagne scores an empty net.

"12 scored, that means 21 had a hat trick, right?" "Duh, beavis, I think so." "Ha, ha, that's cool, the #~@!#! Sabres fans got to throw stuff onto the ice, now we do too. Ha, ha, ha." "Uh, you said Sabre, ha, ha, that's cool." "Shut up, butt head. ha , ha." "And remember Bevis, when someone gets a hattrick you throw shirts on the ice. ha, ha." "Yeah, ha, ha. That's cool. ha, ha. ha, ha."

Also, the "Orange sea of toxic waste" shirts that were handed out to the fans made the place look like pretty much anywhere else in the toxic cesspool known as Fillydelphia / New Joisey. I was impressed.

And finally, it was impressive hearing the Wile E. Coyote Suprageniuses boo Dumont when he was helped off the ice after being SPEARED by cheap shot artist extraordinare Gauthier. So much for all their fan message board whining that you would never see fans in Filly do something classless when an opponent is injured.

So, to recap, the game isn't worth Tivoing. The Wile E. Coyote Suprageniuses might be.

Well, you may want to watch the final minute of the game to see all the Wile E. Coyote Suprageniuses throw hats (and shirts and supposedly a bra and whatever else) on the ice when Gagne scores an empty net.

"12 scored, that means 21 had a hat trick, right?" "Duh, beavis, I think so." "Ha, ha, that's cool, the #~@!#! Sabres fans got to throw stuff onto the ice, now we do too. Ha, ha, ha." "Uh, you said Sabre, ha, ha, that's cool." "Shut up, butt head. ha , ha." "And remember Bevis, when someone gets a hattrick you throw shirts on the ice. ha, ha." "Yeah, ha, ha. That's cool. ha, ha. ha, ha."

Also, the "Orange sea of toxic waste" shirts that were handed out to the fans made the place look like pretty much anywhere else in the toxic cesspool known as Fillydelphia / New Joisey. I was impressed.

And finally, it was impressive hearing the Wile E. Coyote Suprageniuses boo Dumont when he was helped off the ice after being SPEARED by cheap shot artist extraordinare Gauthier. So much for all their fan message board whining that you would never see fans in Filly do something classless when an opponent is injured.

So, to recap, the game isn't worth Tivoing. The Wile E. Coyote Suprageniuses might be.

My favorite was the USA chants for Esche. Apparently no one in Philadelphia watched his performance at the Olympics (or Monday for that matter).

Those ubiquitous orange t's were really nasty looking tonight. What a horrible idea. It just made it look like the stands were empty, in my opinion.

I can't think of anything new to add tonight. The PP, a soft goal (1st PHI goal), and two bizzare goals (2nd and 3rd PHI goals) did us in.

Also, I can't figure out what the hell our PP was doing (or wasn't doing) tonight. It's really, in my opinion what lost us the game, more than anything else. The frustrating thing to me, is that it doesn't seem like the Sabres made any in-game adjustments. It appeared like they were running the same type of PP throughout the game, when it was obvious it wasn't working.

I'm sure Scott Arniel will figure out a way to tweak something for tomorrow night, but that's pathetic he couldn't get his hands on some video during intermissions and figure out something new for the 2nd or 3rd period.

All in all...I think it wasn't a horrible loss, and it will be nice to clinch it at home.

Hey, I grabbed one. You never know when you are gonna run out of TP...

My favorite was the USA chants for Esche. Apparently no one in Philadelphia watched his performance at the Olympics (or Monday for that matter).

Yeah, how great did the US do? I don't understand the chant here. Esche made lots of good saves, but it was a pretty stupid chant.

When the trainer came out, the PA guy announced "Allright fans, we have a man down. Let's give him an applause when he gets up." This little announcement was followed by a loud set of boos. This is the same Philly fan base that cheered when Michael Irvin was carted off on a stretcher a few years ago ending his career. This is the same fan base that booed Santa Claus at Iggles games. If you were to look in a dictionary for the definition of classless fan base, I think you would see a picture of a Philly fan.