GDT: Those dastardly Flyers V The Good Guys (7pm MSG) @ KBC

steveoath

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I will say this:  Philly lost because all game long they couldn't bury a rebound.  They had plenty of chances.  The Sabres beat the Flyers because the Flyers beat themselves.

I’m not that impressed with Philly.  They have a few good players, that’s about it.  We should beat 5hem tomorrow, depends on Toker.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Not really. We have to stop trying to shoehorn decisions into predictable scenarios of yesteryear. DB is giving the guy experience, regardless of what  anyone thinks it means.

“Stop trying to shoehorn decisions into predictable scenarios of yesteryear”.    Really?  You said that?  LOL 😂 

Just say Granato is providing him with opportunity.  That is what it is, and some of us know enough about hockey to understand that.     Yesteryear.  😂 

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

“Stop trying to shoehorn decisions into predictable scenarios of yesteryear”.    Really?  You said that?  LOL 😂 

Just say Granato is providing him with opportunity.  That is what it is, and some of us know enough about hockey to understand that.     Yesteryear.  😂 

You literally said him playing in the ice meant something. I hope you’re laughing your really dumb comment. Because Owen power playing final in this game when we’re out of the playoffs doesn’t mean anything other than getting him experience.

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

You literally said him playing in the ice meant something. I hope you’re laughing your really dumb comment. Because Owen power playing final in this game when we’re out of the playoffs doesn’t mean anything other than getting him experience.

I am laughing at comment - “shoehorning decisions into predictable scenarios of yesteryear”.  Yesteryear is a bizarre thing to say.  

To Power and to the rest of the team the decision to play him means something.  Not that it is an unusual move for a coach in this situation to put him to the test, but also that Power earned that time.  If you played the game you would understand.   He earned the opportunity to play at crunch time. 

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am laughing at comment - “shoehorning decisions into predictable scenarios of yesteryear”.  Yesteryear is a bizarre thing to say.  

To Power and to the rest of the team the decision to play him means something.  Not that it is an unusual move for a coach in this situation to put him to the test, but also that Power earned that time.  If you played the game you would understand.   He earned the opportunity to play at crunch time. 

I didn’t realize I was talking to a former NHL player who believes that you earn your crunch time minutes in your third ever NHL hockey game. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

Just some quick thoughts. I thought Skinner played really well. I would have given him the first star. He made some really good passes. He is adept at hanging onto the puck and twirling around in tight passes to set others up or get off a shot. He was our most noticeable player. And he may be our most feisty player.  

It's getting repetitive to point out the obvious that Dahlin is usually one of the best players on the ice for a particular game but also one of the best players in the league. 

Krebs made a nice pass that was converted. And so did Mitts. 

Power is solid now but he is going to be a top tier player very soon. He plays with such instinctive intelligence on offense and defense. Sometimes you don't realize how big he is because he can skate so well in tight spaces. I'm sure I'm jumping the gun but he plays like an anchor defenseman already. 

Okposo is our most consistent player. 

Hinostroza was a good pickup. He's fast and an active player. 

The Sabres are an entertaining team to watch. 

The best decision this organization made this year was the hiring of Don Granato. The two players who would second that opinion are Skinner and Dahlin. He unchained them and set them free to exploit their natural talents. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

I didn’t realize I was talking to a former NHL player who believes that you earn your crunch time minutes in your third ever NHL hockey game. 🙄

Believe it.  You just saw it.   You will continue to see it.  

Of course you coul roll out Bryson and Fitz and that way be free of predictable scenarios from yesteryear.  

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Just some quick thoughts. I thought Skinner played really well. I would have given him the first star.

I said the same upthread.  He drove play all night and drew multiple penalties.  I can't believe he wasn't any star.

image.png.fecefdfe396c092b4a074515a7dd6e6e.png

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I said the same upthread.  He drove play all night and drew multiple penalties.  I can't believe he wasn't any star.

image.png.fecefdfe396c092b4a074515a7dd6e6e.png

I liked how Vinny H played but I wouldn't have given him a star. Skinner should have gotten either the first or second star. Okposo has been our most consistent player all season long. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Just some quick thoughts. I thought Skinner played really well. I would have given him the first star. He made some really good passes. He is adept at hanging onto the puck and twirling around in tight passes to set others up or get off a shot. He was our most noticeable player. And he may be our most feisty player.  

It's getting repetitive to point out the obvious that Dahlin is usually one of the best players on the ice for a particular game but also one of the best players in the league. 

Krebs made a nice pass that was converted. And so did Mitts. 

Power is solid now but he is going to be a top tier player very soon. He plays with such instinctive intelligence on offense and defense. Sometimes you don't realize how big he is because he can skate so well in tight spaces. I'm sure I'm jumping the gun but he plays like an anchor defenseman already. 

Okposo is our most consistent player. 

Hinostroza was a good pickup. He's fast and an active player. 

The Sabres are an entertaining team to watch. 

The best decision this organization made this year was the hiring of Don Granato. The two players who would second that opinion are Skinner and Dahlin. He unchained them and set them free to exploit their natural talents. 

Okposo and tage too

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.