GDT: Those dastardly Flyers V The Good Guys (7pm MSG) @ KBC

steveoath

First of a back to back with the flyers. Dahlin potentially a 50 pt player with a good weekend (this would equal Cam Atkinson's total point who is the flyers leader).

I am expecting Power's first goal this weekend. Best mate is Flyers fan, so we need 2 wins starting with tonight's game. 

Boo Flyers, Yay Sabres.

Edited by steveoath
  • Like (+1) 5

• steveoath changed the title to GDT: Those dastardly Flyers V The Good Guys (7pm MSG) @ KBC
8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Muscle Weight.  

Time to turn this around and beat the Flyers.  Clarke, Barber, Schultz, Salesski, Kelly, Dornhoffer, DuPont. I hated that team. 

That team debased hockey until we got the Dead Puck Era -- not the goonery, but the clutch-and-grab.  Aside from 2005-7, the hook-and-hold has been the attitude of proper officiating and informs the "game managementt" of the current era.

Any time we beat the Flyers is a good one.  It is one of the reasons I was so thrilled when we ended our winless streak (using pre-2005 terminology) against them last season.

• Like (+1) 2

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Flyers this season. 
• Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Philadelphia 6-3 in Buffalo on Jan. 22. 
• Next meeting: Sunday, April 17th in Philadelphia 

• The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games against the Flyers; 5-4-1 at home. 
• This is the 191st game all-time between Buffalo and Philadelphia; Buffalo has a 73-91-26 series record.
• The Sabres are 46-36-11 at home against the Flyers all-time.

• Tonight's game opens Buffalo's third and final home-and-home set this season, which concludes tomorrow night in Philadelphia. 
• The Sabres have played in 171 previous home-and-home series in franchise history, going 95-51-25 (.629) in the home games and 59-82-30 (.433) in the road games in the previous series. 
• The team is 75-67-29 (.523) all-time in the first game of the previous series and 79-66-26 (.538) in the second. 
• Buffalo's points breakdown in these previous series is as follows: four points (32), three points (26), two points (69), one point (18), zero points (26). 

• The Sabres have won each of their last three games against the Flyers and are seeking a win tomorrow to earn their first four-game winning streak against Philadelphia since the team won five straight from Oct. 10, 2001 to Oct. 22, 2002. 

• A win tonight would give Buffalo three straight home victories over Philadelphia for the first time since Oct. 17, 2006 to Dec. 21, 2007. 

• The Sabres have outscored the Flyers 17-6 in the last three meetings between the clubs. Buffalo has scored at least five goals in each of the three matchups. 

• The Sabres have earned at least a point in each of their last five meetings with Philadelphia. A point tonight would give Buffalo its first six-game point streak against the Flyers since Dec. 7, 1989 to March 24, 1991. 

• Tonight's game also opens Buffalo's 15th of 16 sets of back-to-back games this season, which will conclude in Philadelphia on Sunday. 
• The Sabres are 4-8- 2 in the first game of back-to-back sets and 3-7-4 in the second game so far this season.
• Buffalo's point breakdown in back-to-back sets this season is: four points (0), three points (4), two points (3), one point (2) and zero points (5).

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I think we are starting to see confirmation that if Hayden, Bjork, Eakin, Miller and Pysyk have any future with Buffalo next year it will be as a spare part. They aren’t part of the experimenting, just filler rotating through.

It’s something we’ve been waiting for and needing for a long time. A page is turning.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think we are starting to see confirmation that if Hayden, Bjork, Eakin, Miller and Pysyk have any future with Buffalo next year it will be as a spare part. They aren’t part of the experimenting, just filler rotating through.

It’s something we’ve been waiting for and needing for a long time. A page is turning.

I'd like to think that if these games mattered Pysyk would be playing 

• Thanks (+1) 1

The 8-0 playoff game vs the Flyers in 2001 will be an experience I'll never forget. 

I was 15, my brother was 18, and he said we'll go buy tickets from scalpers. The game was about to start... he said "don't worry, they'll be cheapest if we get them after the game starts."

We got row 4 for $30ea. A playoff game! I felt like I was close enough to reach out and touch Donald Audette when he scored that bar-down slapshot.

Incredible memory. Beat the Flyers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Don’t like seeing Bjork in there. Or Butcher.  Hayden played a decent game too.  I don’t get it.  

JAG for a JAG, why care.

I hate their uniforms, l hate the Flyers, l hate their mascot, l hate their version of the cheese steak and it"s the worst, l can't think of any Philadelphia team l ever liked.

Massive Wrath

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, erickompositör72 said:

The 8-0 playoff game vs the Flyers in 2001 will be an experience I'll never forget. 

I was 15, my brother was 18, and he said we'll go buy tickets from scalpers. The game was about to start... he said "don't worry, they'll be cheapest if we get them after the game starts."

We got row 4 for $30ea. A playoff game! I felt like I was close enough to reach out and touch Donald Audette when he scored that bar-down slapshot.

Incredible memory. Beat the Flyers!

I went to that game too.  I over-rate it as the 10th greatest Sabres game of all time because I found it so satisfying because Bobby Clarke was GM and Bill Barber was Head Coach.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.